Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Smooth free motion quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/smooth-free-motion-quilting-t4785.html)

ania755 03-01-2008 07:10 AM

Thanks for the link :D

michigantears 03-01-2008 07:21 AM

hey if it turns out pretty good, and it actually works like the purchased one ...let me know

you might get it done before my hubby does

michigantears

joannl 03-01-2008 07:45 AM

Thanks, I'm going to Home Depot today (for another project) and will look for the parts while I'm there.

We'll see who gets done first. I'll let you know if it works ok, you let me know how it comes out if your hubby finishes before me.
Jo

michigantears 03-01-2008 07:54 AM

oh not a prob...but i think you will win

keep me posted

ps...I would like to do it myself but he is funny about someone else doing his projects for my things I want made .......he is a big time procrastinator

nellie 03-02-2008 11:55 PM

hi rose i have one it,s called a sew slip and it works wonderful, just put it on top of your sewing machine put the little hole where bobbin thread comes up . sticky side down on table and slippy side on top of your table works good because when you put your fabric glides smoother nellie

Rose Marie 03-03-2008 11:33 PM

Thanks, I have been wondering about the slip. Guiss thats my next purchase.
I spend way to much money on quilting, but it is so addictive.

nellie 03-04-2008 04:20 PM

your wecome rose i glad to help you ,i also sent alot on quilting hobby and still spending money right now im top quilting my quilt with a sew slip and like i said it,s alot of help,the most expencive one that i invested for far has been my bernina sewing machine i paid over 6,000.00 on it but worth every penny and you just keep going from there i just pray that the good lord gives us enough time to make our quilts best of luck in your quilt making best regards nellie your new quilt friend

Quilting Aggi 03-04-2008 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by ania755
I use the white quilting gloves so my skin can breath...no sweating with them.....and they do help me a lot.....
You do need all this extra space to acomodate your quilt around so you won't need to fight with all the weight of it....
You may also try the clippers so you actually roll the long fabric ...(I use slices of pvc tubes sometimes....)
Sit comfortably.....relax....and remember to acomodate your quilt a bit from time to time....
You will get there...its just a matter of time..... :lol:
Good luck

some of my students use those white gloves and now swear by them... I might have to look into them myself and see what all the hype is about

ania755 03-05-2008 06:05 AM

:D
The white gloves are great your hands don't sweat, easy to take off and you don't have to worry about "right" or "left"..they fit both hands...
The only thing I am not sure about is how to wash them.....