Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   So frustrated (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/so-frustrated-t128150.html)

chamby 06-05-2011 04:04 AM

In another post I wrote about how DH bought the EZ3 hand quilting frames for me last weekend. Since it was a long weekend from work I worked hard on putting it together. I made the headers myself. I thought I had it adjusted to the right size for the small quilt that I want to put in it. Well yesterday I worked on getting the layers of the quilt ready to go into the frame. I have the frame set too small and the headers are not long enough. So I am back to making headers and extending the size the frame. So maybe just maybe I will be able to get the darn thing in the frames this afternoon after church. I just get so excited and want things to go quickly. I was reminded this weekend of how much work it is to get a quilt sandwiched. Whew!!!

Raggiemom 06-05-2011 04:09 AM

Best of luck! I'm sure you'll enjoy it once you get going.

jpmaroni 06-05-2011 04:14 AM

The end results will make it all worth it!

DebQuilter50 06-05-2011 04:16 AM

Hang in there!

sueisallaboutquilts 06-05-2011 04:20 AM

Yes, it will be worth it!! :thumbup:

CoyoteQuilts 06-05-2011 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by chamby
I I was reminded this weekend of how much work it is to get a quilt sandwiched. Whew!!!

Are you 'sandwiching' before you put it on this frame? To me that is why you have the frame is to 'sandwich' the layers. A leader for top and bottom fabric on one pole and a top or bottom on each of the other poles. The top leaders are always longer than the bottom leaders on any of my frames---hand or machine.

Or did I misunderstand?

just_the_scraps_m'am 06-05-2011 09:59 AM

better to be right in the end than fast in the going....

eastermarie 06-05-2011 10:14 AM

Double check the instructions.

chamby 06-05-2011 01:19 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts

Originally Posted by chamby
I I was reminded this weekend of how much work it is to get a quilt sandwiched. Whew!!!

Are you 'sandwiching' before you put it on this frame? To me that is why you have the frame is to 'sandwich' the layers. A leader for top and bottom fabric on one pole and a top or bottom on each of the other poles. The top leaders are always longer than the bottom leaders on any of my frames---hand or machine.

Or did I misunderstand?

Yes you did misunderstand. I was talking about getting everything the right size before putting into to the frame for sandwiching. I am finally finished putting the quilt into the frame. I feel as if I have worked a full days work. But never the less here it is and ready to quilt. Yeah!!! It is larger than my sewing room area. I will have to leave it set up in my kitchen/dining room area. Please excuse the bad picture taking. With the light on it is too much light. With light off not enough light. oh well.

Quilt actually done in purples not blue
[ATTACH=CONFIG]207200[/ATTACH]

TonnieLoree 06-05-2011 01:26 PM

All I can say it that is "awesome".