Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Something a nurse would say (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/something-nurse-would-say-t86951.html)

Cassews 01-04-2011 02:54 PM

hahahahaha and I am only to page 2, my sides will probably hurt by page 7 !!! LOL

mountain deb 01-04-2011 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by mommafank
Amazing how many nurses have responded and on a quilting board. Yes, sometimes it seems we have a warped sense of humor but that is what it takes sometimes to get us through the harsh realities of being a nurse. Nurses take care of everyone first and themselves last. I have to agree that the urge to quilt must be because we all are always trying to make others feel more comfortable. I admire those who choose be nurses now as the career has changed so much since I started back in the late 60's. And I say hats off to all the male nurses. Some of the best nurses I ever worked with were males.

Like when we are discussing emesis, BM's or ghastly wounds during our meal time without thinking of those unlucky enough to over hear us while they are eating.

quiltingnonie 01-04-2011 05:18 PM

"What is your pain level?"

dixiechunk 01-04-2011 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by mountain deb

Originally Posted by mommafank
Amazing how many nurses have responded and on a quilting board. Yes, sometimes it seems we have a warped sense of humor but that is what it takes sometimes to get us through the harsh realities of being a nurse. Nurses take care of everyone first and themselves last. I have to agree that the urge to quilt must be because we all are always trying to make others feel more comfortable. I admire those who choose be nurses now as the career has changed so much since I started back in the late 60's. And I say hats off to all the male nurses. Some of the best nurses I ever worked with were males.

Like when we are discussing emesis, BM's or ghastly wounds during our meal time without thinking of those unlucky enough to over hear us while they are eating.

You are soooo right there. It is always up and out of my mouth before I think twice about those I'm with!

G'ma Kay 01-04-2011 06:15 PM

Not on my shift, you won't!

Yaharalady 01-04-2011 06:20 PM

Where are your teeth? Would you llike yoiur glasses? Do you have to go to the bathroom? When is your visitor coming.

JUNEC 01-04-2011 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by sonisew
My sister is a nurse and I am making a quilt for her and I want to put things a nurse would say on the quilt but wanted to know if anyone here can help come up with some.

Thanks for any help that i can get.

How are you going to put them on the quilt?

resource fabricologist 01-04-2011 10:03 PM

OB nurse

You may be screeming now, but you'll be back in 9 months
Feels better going in than coming out...huh?

resource fabricologist 01-04-2011 10:05 PM

nursing home

please don't call 911 and give them your room number, just use the call light

Sheila Elaine 01-05-2011 01:19 AM

Ms or Mr (Name), wake up now & take your "sleeping pill."