Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sometimes sleep is just over-rated.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sometimes-sleep-just-over-rated-t1399.html)

Country Quilter 07-10-2007 09:19 AM

Glad to hear you got some sleep! and that it wasn't all our noise that woke you up! LOL

Nina 07-10-2007 02:08 PM

I'm a victim of "it will only take a couple of minutes to finish this" and an hour later I'm still at it. Thankfully, the hubster interrups me and reminds me that I still have to go to work the next morning. That usually works - well, most of the time.

Get some rest ladies, the seams are staighter when you do - uh, at least mine are :wink:

zyxquilts 07-11-2007 08:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi again.... Here's a WIP pic of the Challenge quilt that kept me up all night! I decided that the part I'm putting in the center needed to be redone, so yes, that is open in the center. I also found a very cool black ribbon that has a basket weave look to it, and that will be the outside border. IT WILL BE DONE in time for tomorrow's guild meeting! It will, it will, IT WILL!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaaha!!!!!!!!!!!

sue

"Black, White & READ All Over" Challenge quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]8131[/ATTACH]

ButtercreamCakeArtist 07-11-2007 09:11 AM

WOWZER!

ShellyQ 07-11-2007 11:38 AM

Wow that's choice, can't wait to see the center piece. Love the way you've done your frame.

ceannastahr 07-11-2007 02:01 PM

Wow thats realy cool. I like the shapes When i first looked at it I thought of shards of ice or broken glass then I saw a bunch of tall buildings like in the cartoons when there in the distance . Maybe I better get some sleep too.

Catherine 07-11-2007 02:20 PM

You should be very proud . It's just beautiful. It is very exhausting when one is being creative, take care of yourself!!

zyxquilts 07-11-2007 07:09 PM

Thanks everyone for all the kind words & support! I'm in the home stretch now...

:D

sue

zyxquilts 07-12-2007 10:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Worked on it from 6:30 - 11:30 last night, & got the quilting done. The next step required the rotary cutter, so I waited until this morning for that LOL! I just zig-zagged the edge, but it's done enough to go to Guild tonight. The black outer border is a neat looking ribbon that has a basket weave appearance. I really liked the way it looked, but it is awful stuff! Just the dry skin on my fingers snagged it - rats! So, I am taking it to the meeting tonight, but I think I'll be either cutting it off or covering it up somehow later.
I used silver metallic thread to quilt it with & didn't have too much trouble with it which actually suprised me! The writing in the center is the "12 Steps for Fabric Addicts" that I wrote. It's just printed on card stock & sewed right in! (I just read a "Quilt Art" magazine.... :wink: ) After I change that black ribbon, I might just add some more embellishments - we'll see.

sue
p.s. I don't understand why the pic is so dark, but it seems to be OK if you download it.

taa-daaaa!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]67708[/ATTACH]

ceannastahr 07-12-2007 10:55 AM

I think it came out great love the 12 steps but not ready to admit that I'm an addict need to get more fabric and I got to get going on my other 2 PIGS