Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   sooo excited! my room is doubling! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sooo-excited-my-room-doubling-t118186.html)

fabric whisperer 04-23-2011 06:11 AM

Yippee, hubby agreed that we can swap out the diningroom, which has been home-office for the last 6 years, with the sewing room (front small solarium) ~ so he'll now have the little room, and I get the 11x15 room all to my crafty self! No pics yet, but as soon as I get all this furniture / bookshelves / fabrics moved, I'll take some of my new "sewing lair"... I will have room to setup my new SUPER QUILTER frame!!! yay!

He's such a great guy, if I suggested he have his computer in the front closet, he would probably say "ok, dear"... he's a keeper.

Off to start tearing apart the bookshelves, I'm going to need a jacuzzi at the end of the day!!!

sueisallaboutquilts 04-23-2011 06:15 AM

That's so exciting!!!! :D:D
Yup, a keeper for sure !!

sewwhat85 04-23-2011 06:29 AM

dont you just love it when they get a great idea

pocoellie 04-23-2011 06:32 AM

That's great news! I sure wish I could double mine. Don't take all the bookshelves out, unless you don't have any quilting books, magazines, etc., and even if you don't, you can use them for storing fabrics and other related items.

debbieumphress 04-23-2011 06:34 AM

Wahoooooooo you are so lucky. Be srue to post the after pictures. Don't lose your Betty Boop fabrics in the move. LOL.♥♥

fabric whisperer 04-23-2011 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
Wahoooooooo you are so lucky. Be srue to post the after pictures. Don't lose your Betty Boop fabrics in the move. LOL.♥♥

oooohhhhh, no! Those are on top of the embroidery machine already, and that is already on top of my Willcox & Gibbs cabinet in the new room. Cannot misplace those, no way! That's one of soonly upcoming gotta-do-it projects :)

The bookshelves are currently in the solarium, filled with my fabrics... they are being torn apart to be moved to the new room... 4 bookshelves total, 2 of which are custom-made bolt shelves from a craft shop / LQS that went OOB a couple years ago. But the new room will have my computer desk, industrial light table 4x6 ft, maching quilt frame, 4 bookshelves for fabrics, all my craft drawer rolling carts, I do believe everything BUT my scrapbooking center will fit into the new plan :)

debbieumphress 04-23-2011 07:03 AM

I bet you could find a little corner forr the scrapbooking stuff. Give it a how. LOL. YOu will be busy but will be pleased when the move is done. Have fun with it all. HUGS♥♥

running1 04-23-2011 07:05 AM

Whoever thought "moving" would be fun!! ha ha... enjoy the move!!

fabric whisperer 04-23-2011 07:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
the scary part is, so move this furniture from one end of the house to the other, we have to up-end the sofa / loveseat so the "ships can pass in the night"... LOL here's the rough layout, I did it in a CAD program to scale to make sure all my furniture would fit before I moved one piece of furniture...

May in Jersey 04-23-2011 07:16 AM

This must be your lucky day, enjoy your new studio. May in Jersey