Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Soooooo Frustrated (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/soooooo-frustrated-t117401.html)

Snorky Lvs2Quilt 04-19-2011 04:46 PM

I haven't been sewing for a while during tax season. I work at a tax office and by the time I get home in the evenings I really couldn't focus my eyes on trying to cut or sew accurate seams. In anticipation of tax season being over, I decided to take my sewing machine in for servicing and to get my needle threader fixed (eyes are not what they used to be, lol). Got the machine back two weeks ago and didn't use it until today.....my first day back to the ongoing quilt class at my LQS. Hit the needle down button to start sewing and the machine made a loud noise and locked up. I rushed back to the shop where it was repaired and they looked at it and said they didn't realign the new needle threader, so they fixed that and back to class I rushed hoping to get a lot of sewing done in the afternoon. As soon as I started sewing again the machine started making a lot of rattling noises. The faster I sewed the louder the noise. It was sounding like something was going to come flying off the machine. So now I have to make another trip to the shop tomorrow morning. The machine was just fine before I brought it in for servicing. No noises and it ran so smoothly. Hopefully it isn't anything serious and I can really get some serious sewing done. Anyway, I am so frustrated. I was so excited to get back to my sewing....... Oh well, guess there are more serious problems in the world than my sewing machine. Thanks for listening.

Ricki 04-19-2011 04:49 PM

frustrating

jillnjo 04-19-2011 04:50 PM

Now,that is very maddening!! Are you using your usual service shop? Sounds kinda scary if it comes home with new noises!! Hope they get it fixed soon and your back to sewing.

Scrap Happy 04-19-2011 04:53 PM

I'm sorry your sewing machine isn't working right. I hope they get it fixed asap once and for all for you.

Yooper32 04-19-2011 04:55 PM

Well, CA is just way too far, if you lived around here, I would sure see that you had a machine to use until they get your fixed and fixed right. Next time, before you leave the shop, try that puppy out and make sure it is really fixed.

mzmama 04-19-2011 04:56 PM

All the more reason to have a back up....lol

bearisgray 04-19-2011 05:02 PM

my sympathies - truly aggravating when one thinks one is trying to prevent problems and problems are created :evil:

Beachbound 04-19-2011 05:05 PM

oh no!!! and you have to wonder if any damage was done by that too. I hope they make things right for you...try it out before you leave this time.

goosepoint 04-19-2011 05:11 PM

Don't leave the shop until they allow you to try it there. That way you can find a problem before you leave. Good Luck and hopefully it will be something minor.

goosepoint 04-19-2011 05:11 PM

Don't leave the shop until they allow you to try it there. That way you can find a problem before you leave. Good Luck and hopefully it will be something minor.