Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Spoiled by Hancocks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/spoiled-hancocks-t28685.html)

fatnsassy 11-13-2009 06:23 PM

I am a very new quilter, but before I became addicted to quilting, I used to be impressed with Hobby Lobby. But after going into Hancocks, I can no longer make myself go to Hobby Lobby for my supplies. The first time I went into Hancocks, I was flabbergasted at the amount of fabric and notions they had in one building. In my opinion, it is even better than Joann's. So needless to say, Hancocks will be getting a lot of my money in the future.

amma 11-13-2009 06:24 PM

WooHoo!!! Nothing like having what you want, right at your fingertips :D :D :D

littlehud 11-13-2009 06:38 PM

I love the ladies at my Hancocks. They know me and know what I like. I love going in there.

trupeach 11-13-2009 06:44 PM

Hancock.com is great too I much prefer to shop with them on line then Joann's. If they don't have the yardage you need they will call and tell you how much they have and see if you still want it. Joann's just doesn't send it. I have yet to place an order with Joann's and get the fabric I ordered I don;t understand how they could always be sold out of what I want, however with hancock I have never had a problem.

Teacup 11-13-2009 06:52 PM

I dropped some money in Hancock's this week with their big sale. While I was there someone came in looking for fabric they saw online but was not in the store. The clerk told them they could order it online and get it delivered to the store and not have to pay the shipping charge. Now, this is just what I overheard, so I don't know that is the policy everywhere, but it is worth checking into.

I like Hancocks but still like Joanns coupons. I look for deals!

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 11-13-2009 07:48 PM

I'm so jealous. You are all always talking about great Hancock Fabrics stores. The closest one to me is TINY. Just a little bitty thing in the mall.

Shemjo 11-13-2009 08:00 PM

Not all Hancocks are created equal! The one I like going to has a limited supply of cottons, and TONS of fleece!

Also, we have been hearing about a problem with people using their debit cards at Hancocks and having big ticket items show up on their cards at other stores that they have not been to. Just surfaced a couple days ago, but appears to be pretty wide spread. Hope it is resolved quickly.

littlehud 11-13-2009 08:11 PM

It sounds like that was one store. I have never had a problem with the one here.

Pam G 11-13-2009 08:21 PM

Glad your having fun at Hancocks, ours closed here about 2 years ago.

We have Hobby Lobby, JoAnns, WalMart & Mill End Textiles and a few LQS who have such high prices that I cant afford. We make a road trip to St Cloud MN a few times a year to shop and play at Crafts Direct. I havent gotten brave enough for on-line fabric shopping

Thank good for stash's!!

Moonpi 11-13-2009 09:26 PM

Be sure to sign up for the little keychain card, it gets you on the mailing list. They are getting better sales than they used to - at least here where we have both Joann's and Hancock's about 5 miles from each other.