Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Stash (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stash-t214223.html)

quiltin-nannie 02-19-2013 07:37 AM

Stash

Well, I found a way to keep DH to stop complaining (he just likes to make noise) about the fabric I have. Just find someone on the boards who has pictured their stash and show him what a "real" stash looks like! I just did that and got a "holy cow, you don't have that much! Is that a quilt shop?" Hehehe!:thumbup:

mighty 02-19-2013 07:41 AM

LOL that is so funny!!

MaryMo 02-19-2013 07:43 AM

keep those pictures coming! What a wonderful way to remind him how great you are!

Quiltngolfer 02-19-2013 08:00 AM

Mine thinks I am a hoarder and I don't have a fraction of what most people have. Just think how well off we will be when fabric gets too expensive to buy.

Quilty-Louise 02-19-2013 08:18 AM

I have been TRYING to sort, fold & organize my stash for
quite some time now.

After a VERY LONG weekend of setting up my new computer
(took me a total of 27 hours from Saturday at noon until Monday 3pm)
I finally made it back into my fabric room to work some more on the fabric.

My husband who normally doesn't come to my fabric room unless it is to
ask about when I am planning to make dinner (his way of saying he is hungry),
well he came to the door leaned on the door jam just watching me, then he asks
"So you have been in here messing with your fabric off & on for months. I just got
to ask this question. Does your fabric reproduce? or have baby bundles of fabric or
something?. It just seems that you are never finished with folding the fabric".

My reply to him is I have a lot of fabric that I am trying to organize (again), iron
the F8's & FQ's, cut some into to 5-1/2" squares, 2-1/2" wide pieces, & 1-1/2"
wide pieces.
I had a large bin of fabric that needed to be sorted, ironed & folded. After that I
have a stack about 15 inches tall of FQ's to iron and fold.

His eyes just got a glassy look.

After that I pointed out 6 large bins and told him that those were all
scraps and when I was finished with the organizing I had those to go
through and sort.

His only comment was your a gluten for punishment.

So yeah I can somewhat relate.

francie yuhas 02-19-2013 08:46 AM

My DH is an accountant: he thinks I should do a photo record if each piece in my stash, file them according to heaven only knows some method,and do a monthly account of what' there! I remind him that the value of fabric I got 20 years ago has gone up more than his stocks and bonds! Any idea of what I'm going to do with him after he actually retires in a month? Too bad he won't learn how to rip seams!

Sierra 02-19-2013 09:15 AM

[QUOTE=Quilty-Louise;5872553]

"My husband who normally doesn't come to my fabric room unless it is to
ask about when I am planning to make dinner (his way of saying he is hungry)....."

Louise, My babe and I are both retired and he also comes into my quilting room about meals... he comes to tell me I have a 5 minute or 10 minute window and dinner will be on the table!!! It may be because, as I found out years after she died, my mother was famous for being a drab cook (and I never knew it), but my BIL, SIL, sons, best friends' hubbys also all cook. They got bored when they retired, and started experimenting in the kitchen (or, in the case of SIL he likes to cook on weekends). You should encourage your DH to try it. At the very least it will keep him busy while you quilt!!!! LOL

Charming 02-19-2013 09:21 AM

LOL...you are my freind one smart quilter ;-)

ninakk 02-19-2013 09:31 AM

My husband is always rolling his eyes when I bring more fabric home. Last night after my Jo-Ann's trip his comment was "we will be broke by saving so much" after I told how much I saved in their sale.... :)
Well, seriously speaking, he jokes about my stash but at the same time appreciates the quilts and occasionally asks me to make something for him. Like now I have one of the military quilts work-in-progress for him, made out of his old uniforms and whatnot.

Mamaskeeto 02-19-2013 09:42 AM

Great idea!