Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Stupid costly Error (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stupid-costly-error-t109323.html)

lyndaloo 03-20-2011 08:16 PM

Hello everyone! This is the most responsive board I've ever seen. I've learned so much here in the past week, I can't believe it! Wish I had known about this a long time ago.

I live in Arkansas near Hot Springs.....

NanaCsews2 03-20-2011 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by MissSandra
When the order is delivered tell them your not going to accept it! and call accu and tell them you want a refund because you had inquired if you had one and were told no.
and if you end up with it, ask accu to send you a returned shipping lable or have the delivery company come pick it up. just a few ideas
good luck
Sandra

I agree. I would contact Accuquilt and ask for a Return Authorization and a Call Tag. They should pay the return postage. When I have these type of issues, I call and make sure I note who I am talking to for reference. Then, I email the company immediately. I don't mention that I had already called them and talked to someone. With an email they have your conversation in writing. The email will be in your account files, and so will the phone conversation. Hopefully someone will take care of it as two contacts shows that this really is an issue. I always try to use the persons name in the conversation, and end by telling them to have a great day! The personal touch goes a long way. Good luck to you!

quiltmaker 03-21-2011 03:11 AM

I don't think there is one of us that hasn't had that experience with something or another....don't feel bad it happens to all of us.

CarrieAnne 03-21-2011 03:13 AM

Oh, no! Well if one breaks, you'll be all set!

Hen3rietta 03-21-2011 03:23 AM

I don't think Accuquilt has a responsibility to keep your purchasing records, but that being said, I've always had good interactions with them. I don't see why they wouldn't accept a return on a standard item. If it was not sent in error, they don't have an obligation to offer return shipping, but most places will do so if you explain and ask for an exchange for a different die that you don't have instead. I'm pretty sure that unless you are a shop you will not need a second die. These things are pretty sturdy. Just my HO.

juliea9967 03-21-2011 03:34 AM

I did that once, too. I have the GO. I made a spread sheet with all the dies listed on it so I can check off the ones I order/have. Boy there has been more than once that I have though "I want that die", look at my spreadsheet, and realize I already have it.
It's been a great saver for me.

suezquilts 03-21-2011 04:41 AM

I love your super moon shot!
I wish I would have taken one!

ptquilts 03-21-2011 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by MissSandra
When the order is delivered tell them your not going to accept it! and call accu and tell them you want a refund because you had inquired if you had one and were told no.
and if you end up with it, ask accu to send you a returned shipping lable or have the delivery company come pick it up. just a few ideas
good luck
Sandra

I don't think is fair to the company, they will be stuck with shipping both ways. If I am understanding right, you asked them if you had ordered the one die, you did not ask them if it was included in the set you ordered.
Why not sell the extra one here on the QB?

carolaug 03-21-2011 01:47 PM

Accuquilt customer service was AWESOME...they just called UPS and had them send it back to them. I am a pretty good customer...but also a happy customer!!!

BellaBoo 03-21-2011 01:53 PM

AccuQuilt has excellent customer service. I always buy from their site or from a certified rep, the reps have sales better then Joann's or other craft store. You can find all the great bargains at the accucutquilt yahoo group.