Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Supreme Slider Question... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/supreme-slider-question-t146420.html)

MissJMac 08-19-2011 11:14 PM

Will probably purchase the Supreme Slider after reading so many great things about it. I'm kind of a slow starter, just got my first pair of quilting gloves LOL.
Anyway, many of you have made your own substitutions, using various vinyls - just wondering, how would a shower curtin liner work, it's heavy and clear and most of you probably have one buried in the linen closet - your thoughts please

gzuslivz 08-19-2011 11:15 PM

As long as I would stay put, I don't see why it wouldn't work. It's worth a try.

hopetoquilt 08-20-2011 01:44 AM

To be honest with you, I used the heaviest vinyl Joanne's had and it didn't do anything and then I bought the queen sized supreme slider. It stayed put on the sewing machine much better but I have not really notices a difference in my quilting. I am considering selling it. I was very optimistic about it working but it just didn't do much.

hobbykat1955 08-20-2011 02:42 AM

I bought the teflon oven liner for 6.00 and it's just as good..only diff being you need to tape it down...saved 22.00 that's all that mattered

MissM 08-20-2011 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
I bought the teflon oven liner for 6.00 and it's just as good..only diff being you need to tape it down...saved 22.00 that's all that mattered

Wow never thought of that. I did break down and bought the supreme slider off Amazon for $15.00 I love it, really works great. Sure wish I had thought of the oven liner. Where did you buy it?

Lucky Lady 08-20-2011 04:30 AM

I just bought an oven liner on ebay a couple of days ago but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. It is 26" by 16" and I paid $7.99 for it with free shipping. I will let you know how it works.

mamasuze 08-20-2011 04:40 AM

I bought an oven liner at Bed Bath and Beyond for about $8. Works great and it's 18 inches square, much larger than my Supreme Slider. The only thing I don't like is that it has to be taped down and I have to move the tape to change out my bobbin, but it's a small disadvantage. It's well worth it.

Xstitshmom 08-20-2011 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by mamasuze
I bought an oven liner at Bed Bath and Beyond for about $8. Works great and it's 18 inches square, much larger than my Supreme Slider. The only thing I don't like is that it has to be taped down and I have to move the tape to change out my bobbin, but it's a small disadvantage. It's well worth it.

Hey, now I know what to do with the next 20% off coupon that get in the mail which seems like every month. I don't shop at BBandB much but this sounds like it might be worth the drive up to Pineville.

I don't recall ever seeing one of these but can the liner be cut so you could cut a place to retrieve your bobbin???

brushandthimble 08-20-2011 04:52 AM

I just recently purchased the supreme slider and used it to do tote bags without a lining using fusiable batting; worked great! (I hate the batting but someone gave me a bunch). This batting usually does not like to move, messes with the bed of the machine. For this use I wouldn't do without the SS.

scowlkat 08-20-2011 08:09 AM

I bought the first Slider when it came out and it had to be taped down and was very small. I used double side tape and put it on and it worked great but I wanted more coverage. Then I bought 5 teflon liners on ebay for around $20 (several years ago). Although they are brown rather than white, they work great and I like them better than the slider. I think the Sliders are overpriced.