Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Taking a day off work o quilt...HAVE YOU? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/taking-day-off-work-o-quilt-have-you-t123403.html)

CAJAMK 05-16-2011 03:12 AM

Did you ever wake up knowing you SHOULD go to work but you felt like you needed a mental health day off? Well, I am doing it today! I called in saying I had the flu (yes, a lie!). I am having coffee, looking on the quilt board then I am going to stitch until my eyes are crossed!

PamB8s 05-16-2011 03:15 AM

My husband is calling in sick today, said he just needs to sit in front of the tv and maybe clean a couple of guns. When he calls in (he works for a small company) he tells his boss that he has a brain tumor but it will be better tomorrow. So enjoy your day, drink coffee, and quilt. Life's too short. Many blessings to you :)

Sassylass 05-16-2011 03:16 AM

Way to go!!! Nice to have a me day once in a while. Do you have a project in mind?
sass
ps
Enjoy yuor day!!!

luvstitches 05-16-2011 03:19 AM

Would love to do just that today! Wondering if I have to watch my GS with his dad not being able to work outside with all this rain we've been having. Getting ready for a day of quilting if he is called off and will love every minute of it.

grann of 6 05-16-2011 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by CAJAMK
Did you ever wake up knowing you SHOULD go to work but you felt like you needed a mental health day off? Well, I am doing it today! I called in saying I had the flu (yes, a lie!). I am having coffee, looking on the quilt board then I am going to stitch until my eyes are crossed!

My DDIL calls them Mental Health days. I don't work outside the home any more and still have Mental Health days :roll: Good for You :!: :thumbup:

ckcowl 05-16-2011 04:18 AM

i have on occassion taken a *me- quilting day* - not too often--i'm a worrier---always think if i lie today and say i'm sick--tomorrow i really will be=
so i don't lie about it i just decide in advance i want(need) a day- and i make the necessary arrangements- even if it just means calling the boss and saying--i really need a day...they do not ask for details- and i do not take advantage.

sueisallaboutquilts 05-16-2011 04:20 AM

I hope you have a wonderful day!!! It's good for the soul :)

cherylynne 05-16-2011 04:42 AM

Sounds like a good plan. Dreary days are wonderful quilting days. With the flue you might need more than one day to recover, though.

QuiltnNan 05-16-2011 05:51 AM

No, never called in sick just to play. I guess I was just a goody-2-shoes. I had perfect attendance for 9 of my 20 years at one company. And the only time I missed in high school was when I got the mumps. I have really been blessed with fairly good health.

emerald46 05-16-2011 05:55 AM

I believe in Mental Healths Day..even as a retired stay at home volunteer. You just gotta take care of yourself sometimes!