Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   A Tale of Guts and Glory (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tale-guts-glory-t7539.html)

patricej 05-27-2008 06:41 AM

the little bobbin winder thingie on the favorite machine went out of wack several months ago. an easy enough thing to adapt to and work around, but annoying all the same.

today i took my machine apart, found the cause and fixed it.

somebody out there owes me $75. :lol:

redrummy 05-27-2008 07:10 AM

when that somebody pays you, remind them they owe me cleaning and oiling fees too!!!!!!!!! :-o

Izy 05-27-2008 07:46 AM

Well done Patrice!!...How did your mini vaca go????

kathy 05-27-2008 08:42 AM

well Patrice, since you're in the repair business now, come over and take a look at mine. My bobbin winder thingy squeals and the machine tries to sew while I'm winding bobbins!

amma 05-27-2008 10:25 AM

Good luck on collecting :lol: :lol: :lol:

patricej 05-27-2008 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by kathy
well Patrice, since you're in the repair business now, come over and take a look at mine. My bobbin winder thingy squeals and the machine tries to sew while I'm winding bobbins!

mine didn't squeal, but the rest of that was my problem, too. there was thread wrapped around the gear inside that kept a latch from catching. take the cover off; clean the dust, gunk and thread from around the gears and it'll work again.

that's another $75 ... not bad for one day's work. :mrgreen:

p.s. to Izy ... i'm still on vacation. just no longer out of town. :P

tlrnhi 05-27-2008 04:16 PM

Patrice.....when you are done with all THEIR machines, come here and you can give mine a good dusting. :)

amma 05-27-2008 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ

Originally Posted by kathy

mine didn't squeal, but the rest of that was my problem, too. there was thread wrapped around the gear inside that kept a latch from catching. take the cover off; clean the dust, gunk and thread from around the gears and it'll work again.

that's another $75 ... not bad for one day's work. :mrgreen:

p.s. to Izy ... i'm still on vacation. just no longer out of town. :P

I think you are onto something :lol: :lol: :lol: Take a 4 day weekend+ a couple of hours sewing machine repairs=$150 to spend on fabric Sweet Deal :lol: :lol: :lol:

patricej 05-28-2008 03:21 AM

that ain't a half-bad idea. the nearest sewing machine repair shop is an hour away. and the only place to buy one here is wally world.

hmmmmmm ....

Missi 05-28-2008 01:58 PM

After I make a rag time with flannel my machine is a dusty mess. I should take it apart and dust it out, can't be that hard - can it? I had to replace my plate a few years ago and they really cleaned it good inside and out when I had that done. Looked like a new machine :)