Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Talk of fabric choices for the one block wonder (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/talk-fabric-choices-one-block-wonder-t35100.html)

fireworkslover 01-26-2010 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by SharonC
CB-I'm looking forward to trying this and following along. I have some fall leave fabric that I believe will work. Thanks for sharing your talents :).
Sharon

Geez, that fabric looks familiar. I think I have some of that! Bought w/ a OBW in mind too!

billswife99 01-26-2010 09:24 PM

Those butterflies are awesome! We have to know the name of that one please! :mrgreen:

cutebuns 01-26-2010 09:36 PM

For the butterflies I would go with 2 3/4, 3 1/4, 3 1/2. No bigger I think it will make some really interesting blocs for sure!

cjt_mama 01-26-2010 10:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
OK, so I pulled out my OBW WIP, all it needs is quilting and binding, the two things I am scared of lol. Also took pics of my next fabric for OBW throw size... I only have the first book, so I don't know how to do the cubes, but they look awesome and I might have to figure it out!

P.S. The WIP really needs to be ironed again, it has been rolled for about a year after being sandwiched!

cjt_mama 01-26-2010 10:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok, here are teh pics of the newest fab choice, it has roughly a 14" repeat, I played around with the mirror a bit to show what the blocks could end up like :)

cjt_mama 01-26-2010 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
OK..I found some really pretty butterfly fabric...What size block would I cut for this? It looks beautiful in my put-to-gether mirrors
It looks like a 15 inch repeat.

um.. Cutebuns?....Are you any relation to my son/ His girlfriend use to call him Puppybuns!

I love the butterflies!!!

k3n 01-27-2010 02:27 AM

Some wonderful fabric choices - I can't wait to see how they all turn out! Thanks for starting this Cute! :-D

missgigglewings 01-27-2010 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by billswife99
Those butterflies are awesome! We have to know the name of that one please! :mrgreen:

I am so sorry....When I purchase fabric for my stash I wash it, iron it, cut off the selvedge, fold it and stack it! My daughter says I am OCD! I just like things nice and neat and ready for use!

I did buy it at Hancocks in the fall. Hope that helps!

missgigglewings 01-27-2010 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by cutebuns
For the butterflies I would go with 2 3/4, 3 1/4, 3 1/2. No bigger I think it will make some really interesting blocs for sure!

Thank you so much for the information. It looks like I am hooked! I can't wait till Monday. Thanks for doing this for us!

Peace and Prayers

cutebuns 01-27-2010 07:04 AM

You are welcome, We had been talking about it for a while. And so I though that I would jump in and go for it. I have done a few of them and had fun, it is one that I am happy to do more than once,