Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   template kit craftsy help (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/template-kit-craftsy-help-t286830.html)

grma33 03-15-2017 02:44 PM

template kit craftsy help

i have tried to print template for nov rainbow star kit night stars kimberely einmo with no sucess
talked to craftsy said to print from adobe reader haven`t a clue
the problemis it shows a dashed line which my printer will not print even went toa friends same thing
i drew a 1/4 inch around what did print but its not right
i might substitute if i can find a 20 inch star block
Thanks Gale

cashs_mom 03-15-2017 03:03 PM

Adobe reader is a free download. If you google Adobe and go to their website, there should be instructions on how to download it. It's not hard and a lot of online things use it so it's good to have.

Sync 03-15-2017 03:28 PM

First, like cashs_mom said adobe reader is a free download, the second is my experience with some craftsy downloads. I have yet to get a download from that site that will print true to size. Sometimes the difference was very small (like a bit over an 1/8") and another time I had to buy the paper pattern from the designer because the download was extremely off.

quilterpurpledog 03-15-2017 04:01 PM

I also have experienced problems with Craftsy downloads. I just finished piecing the Blazing Star Block of the Month. All of the pieces hat had templates were inaccurate. I first printed with the Microsoft 10 product. Then I noticed that the instructions said to print with Adobe at 100% and did so. It was exactly like the Microsoft on. Then, I printed with Adobe at actual size. It was also exactly like the first two. (I held them up to a light to look at them). Then I noticed the little measuring rectangle which said 2 inches. I used a metal tape measure and the rectangle was between an eighth and sixteenth inch off. When you have that much inaccuracy it adds up to being quite a ways off. So, I re-scaled all of the template pieces. I had no problems (obviously) with sections that were cut to written sizes. The templates for one of the squares was so far off that they printed a correction in the materials section. But, it was still off. After re-scaling it I got it to come out right. I am happy with how my top turned out and am quilting it now. There were a lot of negative comments about this in the discussion area.

Peckish 03-16-2017 09:07 AM

My experience:

If I click to download a pattern and it opens a page, and I print from that page, it will print at the wrong size, no matter if I turn off scaling and all the other things they tell you to do.

HOWEVER. If I download it and save it to my computer, then open it in Adobe and print, it will print accurately.

hth

grma33 03-16-2017 11:20 AM

thanks for all the help i instaled adobe and it printed the dash line so i might be good to go
gale

Mitty 03-17-2017 04:51 AM

I use a different PDF reader, but I believe the way to do this In the Adobe Reader is to go into File > Print and then select "Actual Size" under the "Page Sizing and Handling" section. Though it sounds like Peckish has already tried this and it didn't help.

mermaid 03-17-2017 05:05 AM

Re what peckish said...I have read instructions that say to d/load the PDF to your computer ... Then open and print, because the pattern will not print directly in the correct size. Some patterns from the internet I have been successful printing directly, but I usually do it the other way. And I save the PDF in my computer in case of "whatever" for reprinting.