Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   THANK YOU from a "Lurker" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/thank-you-lurker-t216341.html)

GayleM 03-14-2013 07:04 AM

THANK YOU from a "Lurker"

I have been lurking on this site for over a year and have posted a few quilting questions as a beginner. Everyone has been so wonderful sharing their knowledge and I am quilte impressed with the wealth of it all. My first project was a hand quilted queen size for our bed. It took me a year, the stitches are NOT tiny, and even on a frame I had knots on the back!!! Undertook some other quilting projects on my domestic machine and finally finished some. Got them posted this morning and I hope you have a chance to look. As a beginner, I have learned so much from just lurking and reading, that I just wanted to say "THANK YOU" to all of you for sharing your wisdom.

Dina 03-14-2013 07:11 AM

I agree. This is certainly the place for a beginner to be!! I have been quilting three years, and I can't even think of how many times I posted a question and had an answer (or answers) in minutes....like the time I didn't have a clue if I should wipe the "oil" off of a new rotary blade before I put it in. What a helpful place this is!! Thanks to a suggestion from my sister, I started counting how many quilts I made from day 1, and I marked that number on my calendar. I just finished quilt #52. I know my sister has done hundreds and wishes she knew how many she had made.

I have not yet made a hand quilted quilt, but maybe in the future. I am sure I will have any question I have answered, if I ever attempt such a hard-sounding quilt. For now, I am going to the picture "spot" to look at what you posted.

Dina

mighty 03-14-2013 07:38 AM

I agree this is a wonderful wealth of knowledge!!!!

GagaSmith 03-14-2013 02:50 PM

I have been quilting for many years and still learn new things all the time. This place is the best.

Misty's Mom 03-14-2013 02:52 PM

Welcome neighbor, I'm glad there's someone relative close to me.

csharp 03-14-2013 02:56 PM

Welcome, I call this place the "university of quilting place" which I will probably never graduate from...always a student.

MadQuilter 03-14-2013 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by GayleM (Post 5927666)
My first project was a hand quilted queen size for our bed.

Well that is impressive. I'll go check out your pics next

GayleM 03-15-2013 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter (Post 5928646)
Well that is impressive. I'll go check out your pics next

I haven't posted any photos of the queen size quilt. I wanted feathers, designed and stitched my own on it but after the quilt was washed, you can't even tell they're feathers! Seems I never learned to start on something small, like placemats. When I learned how to crochet my first project was a BATHROBE. Guess the subconscious plan is to make all my mistakes at once !! LOL. I'll see if I can get my DH to give me a hand with taking some photos of the queen.

liking quilting 03-17-2013 05:59 AM

Welcome; I, too, found this place a wealth of information, encouragement, entertainment, etc. Would not have had the courage to dive into quilting without this wonderful site.