Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Are there any quilting apps? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/there-any-quilting-apps-t200607.html)

quiltsRfun 09-16-2012 04:08 PM

Just go to the app store and do a search for quilt apps. I found several. The one I use the most is from Robert Kaufman. It's a quilt calculator type app. There's also one I downloaded that's like the quilt calculator but I haven't yet taken the time to learn how to use it.

mucky 09-16-2012 05:51 PM

Whatever apps work for the iPhone work for the iPad.

LoisM 09-16-2012 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Farm Quilter (Post 5517806)
Well, I have an iPhone and there are apps for it to help me locate quilt shops!!! I'm sorry I don't have a clue about the iPad and I'm technologically challenged too!!!

Thanks for the tips, everyone. I downloaded QuiltCalc, Quilt Shops for iPad, BlockFab-HD, Quilt Tutorials from Missouri Star and QuiltFab.

Farm Quilter 09-17-2012 10:11 AM

I also have QuiltFab where I can put in the size of the quilt I want, it will figure fabric with shrinkage and how much I need for backing, binding, mitered borders, middle border, outside border, sashing strips (with stripes horizontal or vertical, if I want), setting triangles, side triangles, and corner triangles. QuiltRef and Keepsake Quilting too. Thanks for the info on QuiltCalc and Missouri Star - they are now on my iPhone!!!

sewmary 09-17-2012 10:24 AM

I keep my pdf patterns in iBooks. It is easy to read them or print them (just got a wireless printer with AirPrint and it's cool) or send to email to save on a stick from my computer. Or sync to iTunes or iCloud and never worry about losing your patterns. The iPad is a wonderful toy.

betsymjeff 09-18-2012 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 5518319)
I have the Kindle Fire and the best app ever is the Send to Kindle app. I can send any file from my computer to my Kindle. I can scan a pattern from a book or magazine and have it stored on my Kindle. I have more quilt patterns and tutorials on it then books. So easy to have all the patterns in full color with me when fabric shopping. I love my Kindle Fire for quilting. Of course it's great for reading books too.

I have looked for Send to Kindle app on my Kindle Fire and cannot find it. Any suggestions? Thanks. This would be great.

Yarn or Fabric 09-18-2012 03:18 AM

I don't have an ipad. I've got the Google Nexus tablet - I'm going to check out what's available for it now! You guys have me curious!

peabee 09-18-2012 03:48 AM

thanks so much for this thread!

Freckles48 09-18-2012 04:33 AM

I have several: The Victoria and Albert museum has V&A quilts which is a great look at very old quilts
Quilt Ref has little that I can figure out and Block fab is a fun thing to play with as you get to see what colours would look good with all kinds of patterns.

Sande 09-18-2012 04:38 AM

Oh wow! I just downloaded this app and it's awesome! I love my iPad, too. I call it my iBaby since we are empty nesters and becoming a grandma is in the far future. Thank you for the app tip.