Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   There is no hope for me. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/there-no-hope-me-t211847.html)

sweetpea 01-24-2013 07:29 AM

There is no hope for me.

I was just gone to cut a few more peices. Well need a little more room, move this, that leads to move that, the next thing I know less room for cutting and a one more quilt that is started, that I had for got about, and one I had not forgot but wish had not started and this is just one corner of the sewing room. Oh my what if I clean to whole room? [not gone to happen not ready to know what else is in here right now maybe in a day or two or a mouth, or ?????????????

Teeler 01-24-2013 07:37 AM

been there, done that....wait...what was I originally in here for again?

gabeway 01-24-2013 07:44 AM

Toss a coin in the air and whatever project it lands on - go for it!

Toni C 01-24-2013 07:45 AM

I do the same thing. I can also get caught up looking at patterns when I am just looking for something else...

MaryMo 01-24-2013 07:46 AM

where's the "like" button? gabeway, your comment is perfect!

Chicca 01-24-2013 09:28 AM

Oh yes, I am doing the same thing. Decided to finish a few ufos before any new projects...lets see, there is the scrap quilt that was started Monday, then Tuesday on to a very new pattern, Wednesday washed fabrics for a quilt for a friend, today will just have to wait and see what I actually find first. LOL quilting is such a blast!!!!

pyffer3 01-24-2013 09:52 AM

I'm still what I consider a "newbie." I have actually only 'finished' one quilt so far. Almost done with the second...just have the binding to do. Well, since I started the second one I have found so many patterns I want to do, so I have printed them out. I have bought all kinds of fabric...waiting on some to arrive from Connecting Threads right now. I got a new machine after Christmas, so I had to have a larger table and then rearranged the room so now I have space to move (sorta). So with that 'space' I have cut out squares and strips for a baby quilt -stacked on the corner of the table. I have half finished another quilt top and now I have this idea for a quilt running through my head (just won't quit-like a song that keeps playing over and over). So basically what I'm saying is that I am almost finished with one quilt, almost finished with a quilt top, have cut out another quilt top, and in the planning stages of yet another one. Is there a "therapy" thread on this board? Yikes, what have I gotten myself into! But, I am loving it.

wolph33 01-24-2013 10:06 AM

lol been there also.

Jackie Spencer 01-24-2013 11:24 AM

I can't believe how much we all have in comman! Is there a Quilters anonymous?

jcrow 01-24-2013 12:22 PM

I didn't sew for two months and then sewed for two hours. I have something similar to Writer's Block. Please make it go away!! But, my huge closet in my sewing room is totally cleaned and I stored some huge Rubbermaid tubs in it. I also totally cleaned my sewing room! First time in years. I received a 401 Singer Slant O Matic for Christmas and ordered lots of feet and bobbins and now can't find them anywhere! Golly darn it!!! Now that's why you don't clean your sewing room. I'm probably missing other things as well!