Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Those with Viking Dealerships in your JoAnnes... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/those-viking-dealerships-your-joannes-t101001.html)

Candace 02-18-2011 06:52 PM

I'm interested in knowing if your Viking Dealerships are renewing their leases. Both Viking and Pfaff dropped my local dealer after the SVP buyout and I was wondering what the future held. Today, I went into JoAnnes for the big sale and saw that the Viking dealership in the store is closing. Most notions were 40% off and the demo machines were marked down. I'm wondering if this is going on nationwide or just here?

sewwhat85 02-18-2011 06:53 PM

i will have to take a look

oatw13 02-18-2011 06:59 PM

Ours was still there last week. This was in Aurora, Colorado.

janRN 02-18-2011 07:04 PM

Wow I hope they'll be staying. I bought a Viking because the dealer is 15min from me. They lost the franchise but Joann's is 45min from me so that's still okay. If Viking leaves Joann's I'm SOL!! Was in Joann's 3 wks ago and I didn't notice any changes; will check tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

Lori S 02-18-2011 07:08 PM

I would just as soon have them leave Jo Ann's and go back to the traditional dealer. I know a few traditional dealers that got there dealership abruptly ranked when they really were pushing the dealer ships in Jo Ann's. I know the dealership's in Joann's is just a lease space.
I'm going to check into my JoAnn's .

Candace 02-18-2011 07:09 PM

Well, I think it would have to do with each stores lease date to Viking. Each date would be different. All I was told was that Viking is "not renewing their lease". So, I would assume that means they have to be out of my Joannes buy the end of Feb. or March latest. It will be interesting to see who (if anyone) takes over the space.

OneMoreQuilt 02-18-2011 07:10 PM

I'm going to my two Joann's stores tomorrow. I'll check it out.

CompulsiveQuilter 02-18-2011 07:23 PM

Mine was suddenly gone - in Knoxville TN. But the same folks have a HUGE store across town that I had been to several times instead of dealing with the limited selection at Joanns.

toomanycats 02-18-2011 07:35 PM

Viking has been bought by a Chinese investment group. They have closed their factory in Sweden and moved it to China.
My local dealer said they would no longer carry the machines but would still be able to stock some things. Wonder how long before won't be able to get parts? I have an older Vinking. He also said Pfaft (not sure if that is spelled right) was another and they will not import to the US any longer. Was a third in the group but I cannot remember it I was so shocked at the time. I did not know Joann's was having a sale. I have put in numerous changes in the last four months and still have not received a flyer.

quilt1950 02-19-2011 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by toomanycats
Viking has been bought by a Chinese investment group. They have closed their factory in Sweden and moved it to China.
My local dealer said they would no longer carry the machines but would still be able to stock some things. Wonder how long before won't be able to get parts? I have an older Vinking. He also said Pfaft (not sure if that is spelled right) was another and they will not import to the US any longer. Was a third in the group but I cannot remember it I was so shocked at the time. I did not know Joann's was having a sale. I have put in numerous changes in the last four months and still have not received a flyer.

Flyers are available on-line.