Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Thread Color (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/thread-color-t659.html)

Leslee 03-02-2007 08:01 AM

Geema, I think you should just have fun with the quilting...why not? Got any leftover scraps? Make a small quilt sandwich with batting and backing and all, and test drive a few thread options and see what grabs you. Have fun and let us see the results! :D

mimisharon 03-02-2007 08:17 AM

Like Yvonne, I wasn't going to comment, but I can't stand it! Throw that invisible thread away!! It's not worth the trouble when it unravels, breaks with use of the quilts, table runners, whatever. I stopped using it years ago, right after it came out and was touted as the "answer." It's the answer to nothing! I hate it, can you tell?

I might suggest that whatever thread you use (that you like) for the top may just be the answer for the tying together of front and back. I often do that when I'm using lighter colors especially on one side or the other.

JMHO,
Sharon

patricej 03-02-2007 08:18 AM

Well, geez, Yvonne ... your ideas are too good to keep to yourself.
Sharon ... you, too

and the same to anybody out there who is restraining themeselves.

When you feel the "need to share", please do.
:D

Yvonne 03-02-2007 08:22 AM

One more comment on invisible thread, since you value my thoughts... :lol:

Never use it on baby blankets! Loose invisible thread ends and babies just don't go together!

Geema 03-02-2007 08:45 AM

WOW!!! Thanks everyone! I am doing stitch-in-the ditch since I have not mastered any of the other quilting designs yet. :-) I have not tried any varigated threads yet but I have to agree with mimisharon and patrice about the invisible thread...I hate it!!! :evil: I tried using it twice and had nothing but problems...breaking, tangling and very uncooperative!
I really appreciate everyones input...nice to know that when you have a question, all you have to do is ask.
Thanks again and have a great day!

Debbie Murry 03-02-2007 08:52 AM

I wouldn't worry about mastering any fancy quilting designs cuz even if you're off abit no one will know but you. I did stitch in the ditch on a log cabin placemat just for practice and you know what, every stitch that wasn't even on the seam line stuck out like a sore thumb. I hope I didn't scare you. If you do stitch in the ditch go nice and slow to start til you get the feel of it.

Geema 03-02-2007 09:05 AM

Thanks Debbie...I have made a few mistakes but my husband could not find them so either 1..they weren't obvious to anyone but me or 2...he loves me enough not to mention them. LOL.

patricej 03-02-2007 10:12 AM

Or ... and this is where my money is bet ...

(3) both

:D

vicki reno 03-02-2007 10:16 AM

I have used it and learned to loosen the thread tension before sewing with it, no other problems than that. Didn't know that using it was a no no so just kept on stitching. No one ever sent one back for repairs so I hope they are all still okay.