Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Time to pick up your toys in 30 seconds or less. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/time-pick-up-your-toys-30-seconds-less-t196136.html)

miriam 07-29-2012 01:07 PM

Time to pick up your toys in 30 seconds or less.

4 Attachment(s)
Something I made for my GD. I cut up a badly made dress - it just happened to be pieced. On the long side I put some handles straddling the center of each side - then I put a loop on one side and an old spool on the other side - between the handles - lined it. Lay it out flat to play with little toys. When ready to put it all away, you fold the sides in thirds then grab the handles and hang it up.
To play with the toy toter open it up and play - nicely defined play area.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]352253[/ATTACH]

Fold one end in thirds.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]352254[/ATTACH]

Then the other
[ATTACH=CONFIG]352255[/ATTACH]

put the spool through the loop and pick up by the handles - less than 30 seconds to pick up the toys.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]352256[/ATTACH]

Use some ugly old double knit polyester, an old towel, canvas with roads drawn on, that ugly quilt that didn't turn out, pieced blue jeans, something pretty with lace edges, what ever works for you - any size.

Cybrarian 07-29-2012 01:31 PM

What a creative handy item!!! Necessity is such a creative motivator! I love your signature saying!!!!

pinkberrykay 07-29-2012 03:03 PM

Thanks for sharing what a great idea.

AuntieD 07-29-2012 03:28 PM

What a great idea!! Thank you for sharing.

Rubesgirl 07-29-2012 03:38 PM

What a great idea! Now, could you please tell me how to get my GDS to play with his toys only in one place?!?! LOL :D

miriam 07-29-2012 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Rubesgirl (Post 5403936)
What a great idea! Now, could you please tell me how to get my GDS to play with his toys only in one place?!?! LOL :D

They catch on real fast when they can keep Legos creations together and still put them away quick. I would start at a table with just a few things. Show them how fast it can be put away. I made some of those when my son was 4. He hated to put away his Legos. It drove me crazy to step on them at night. At first, I just took away anything that was found off the mat. The next trick was to keep his little sister away from his mat. I made her some too. Start small - just a few things. It helped to have a hook to hang the mat on.

Rubesgirl 07-29-2012 04:21 PM

Thanks, Miriam! I'll make him a mat and give that a try. I recall stepping on DDs legos when she was small. I used to confiscate them. I recently found a few I'd put away many years ago and returned them to her. She got a good laugh out of it. Now it's her turn! :)

cheaha39 07-29-2012 04:56 PM

Love your idea, will make one for the camper, the grand kids can pick out the fabric......

Pickles 07-29-2012 05:31 PM

Great Ideal Thanks :)

Rose_P 07-29-2012 06:53 PM

Pure genius! It's very timely for me because I just recently bought a Bob the Builder panel on eBay, and I was wondering what to do with it. My grandson will be able to roll his little cars around on the street scene on the panel and then easily put them all away. Love it! Thanks for sharing this idea!