Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Topaz 30 Owners - Have you had this problem (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/topaz-30-owners-have-you-had-problem-t145752.html)

Sophie2 08-17-2011 06:00 AM

I am wondering if any Topaz 30 owners have had this problem. I use the open toe free motion spring foot for my stippling and other free motion quilting. I put it on my machine according to the manual and also set the machine for free motion spring action in my tools setting. I am now in the process of buying my third foot. The first two have broke - the little metal part that goes over the needle has broken on both. I called my dealer to see if anyone else has had this problem and what might be causing it. She checked with the tech and both have said they never heard of the problem. They suggested that maybe I was pulling the fabric too much. Seems to me if I was doing that the needle would break. Anyway, next I wrote to Husqvarna/Viking to inquire if they knew of anyone having this problem. After a week an a half and a second message they replyed that I should take it to the dealer and have them show me how to properly install the foot! I was a little insulted by this as I have sewn with Vikings for 30 years, read the manual and do feel I have installed it correctly. Besides, my dealer is a five hour drive one way. I have one that is a two hour drive one way, but do not like her attitude and she is never there during her posted hours. Besides being disappointed that I keep having this problem and no one seems to know why, I was really disappointed with the response I got from Husqvarna/Viking. I feel my dealer is trying, but not the head office. Customer service seems to be missing! :-( I would appreciate hearing from anyone that may have had this problem.

Hinterland 08-17-2011 06:12 AM

I haven't had the problem myself, but I'm on a list of Viking Sapphire owners and several of them have had problems with the foot breaking as you described. So it's not just you!

Janet

Sophie2 08-17-2011 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Hinterland
I haven't had the problem myself, but I'm on a list of Viking Sapphire owners and several of them have had problems with the foot breaking as you described. So it's not just you!

Janet

That is interesting. Could you send me a link that I could read of other peoples problems? PM me if you like. It is just very frustrating. I have loved all of my Vikings, but am really disappointed in the customer service!

Hinterland 08-17-2011 06:23 AM

I'm not sure what went wrong, maybe I can't post a link to another group? Anyway, I think you have to join to read the postings. If you search yahoo groups you should be able to find the group dedicated to Viking Sapphires. It's not active, but everyone is always willing to help.

Janet

Sophie2 08-17-2011 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Hinterland
I'm not sure what went wrong, maybe I can't post a link to another group? Anyway, I think you have to join to read the postings. If you search yahoo groups you should be able to find the group dedicated to Viking Sapphires. It's not active, but everyone is always willing to help.

Janet

Thanks, Janet. I will try that