Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Totally surprised by coupon at Joann's today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/totally-surprised-coupon-joanns-today-t115864.html)

luvnquilt 04-13-2011 12:21 PM

I went to Joanns today with my 50% off coupon in hand. Under exclusions Accuquilt is listed so I assumed it wouldn't work for the die cutting piece that I was buying. Much to my surprise, it worked!!! (Accuquilt Go is actually what's excluded)

LoriEl 04-13-2011 12:23 PM

You gotta love surprises like that!

DebraK 04-13-2011 12:24 PM

what a happy surprise ;-)

hobbykat1955 04-13-2011 12:43 PM

Glad to know that...I need dies...so I'll be going with mine in hand

luvnquilt 04-13-2011 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
Glad to know that...I need dies...so I'll be going with mine in hand

Go quickly, the one I have expires tomorrow- I printed off 2 so I may go back tomorrow. :mrgreen: :oops: :lol:

amma 04-13-2011 07:16 PM

What a GREAT surprise :D:D:D

Vanuatu Jill 04-13-2011 08:38 PM

Think how many people also think the coupon isn't good on the dies--I always say, "you don't get, if you don't ask". I bought an up-right freezer just before Xmas as Sears-it was on sale because of a very small scratch and slight dent in the side from careless delivery and the woman wouldn't accept it. It was marked down by $100.00 and even though we were going to buy it, I asked the sales lady if they would mark it down a bit more. She asked her manager and he took another $55.00 off!! That's fabric for another quilt!! DH was a bit embarrased since it was already reduced, but like I said, you don't get, if you don't ask!!

Charming 04-13-2011 08:42 PM

It actually happened to me too but then i went back when i looked at the receipt to get more dies so i can use the coupon and it didn't work the second time so when i asked why a different cashier told me it shouldn't have happened the first time but it did because the coupon wouldn't scan so the first cashier enterered it manually and in this case it took it, but if the coupon was scanned it would not work ):

luvnquilt 04-13-2011 08:52 PM

Mine was scanned- and I'm going back tomorrow to try again and I'll be crossing my fingers the whole time. I know the stores vary a lot on their policy so that doesn't help when we're confused to begin with!

Originally Posted by Charming
It actually happened to me too but then i went back when i looked at the receipt to get more dies so i can use the coupon and it didn't work the second time so when i asked why a different cashier told me it shouldn't have happened the first time but it did because the coupon wouldn't scan so the first cashier enterered it manually and in this case it took it, but if the coupon was scanned it would not work ):

Vanuatu Jill 04-13-2011 09:22 PM

I was told once the coupon has been scanned, it won't work again on anything. I printed out two copies of one I got on-line, and only one worked. I usually go with all the coupons I can get (on-line, in-store flyer, and the one by mail I get). Each one of them will work ONCE.