Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Treadle machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/treadle-machine-t27105.html)

Mrs. I 10-17-2009 08:24 AM

Hi, I would love to be your sister. You can write to me anytime, I'd love it.

I too am in search of a treadle sewing machine. I found a couple on ebay but the shipping was out of sight or too far to pick up. Don't know where you are but I would love to find one. My husband is a woodworker so he could help in that area. And I know a wonderful service person to help with keeping it working well.

You take care and have a blessed week-end. Today is football day at our house. Right now Oklahoma is playing Texas (go Sooners) and tonight Oklahoma State plays. So we are pretty well down for the day. I am making a a grandmother flower garden and doing it completely by hand. This is my first attempt at a totally handmade quilt but I am loveing it. It is almost addictive to me. Just want to keep going so I can see how it will look. May put others on my list.

Love and prayers, Janet in OK [img][/img]

ButtercreamCakeArtist 10-17-2009 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by adrianlee
Buttercream.. The Singer photo reminds me of the machine my grandmother had when I was a little girl...60 years ago. I learned how to make clothes for my cats on Gram's machine. I didn't play dolls but I sure had well dressed cats when they would let me dress them up.

Mine is a 1908 model made in NJ.

Janis 10-17-2009 07:16 PM

Knot Sew, Amma, Sula Bug, and Mrs. I, I would like to be a sister to all of you. I grew up with 3 brothers, and always wanted a sister, esecially one that quilts. How about i, can we all be sisters? :) Janis

Janis 10-17-2009 07:18 PM

There I go again, dropping letters in my words. :cry: I really DO know how to spell, really I do. :-)

chamby 10-19-2009 09:08 AM

knot sew;
I love the picture of the machine to the side of your post. I have my moms and it looks just like this one. I learned how to sew on this machine. I have spoken with a gentleman who is coming to my home after the holidays to get it up and running for me. Will be nice to see if I can still sew on this machine. Not sure if it runs backwards. I actually do not remember it ever going backwards. I think we just tied off the threads.
chamby

Mrs. I 10-19-2009 04:44 PM

:thumbup: Yes, a treadle will go backwards. Takes some thinking on my part. Whatever way you work the treadle to make it go forward. Stop and reverse the way you push the treadle. I figured this out years ago.
Hope this helps.

Mrs. I

Mrs. I 10-19-2009 04:49 PM

Sure we can all be sisters. I only have one and she lives several miles from me. We email daily but don't see each other much. I would love to have more sisters.

I need birthdays (and home addresses if you don't mind). I am getting my studio in shape since our moving into this house in March. My studio took a back seat for many reasons. I can hardly wait to unpack all my fabric. It will be like seeing old friends again.

Love and prayers,
Mrs. I (Janet)
May30
[email protected]
(hope this doesn't break any rules) ;-)