Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   True Confessions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/true-confessions-t115887.html)

fleurdelisquilts.com 04-13-2011 02:18 PM

Okay, get ready for this one. What is the one thing that you have too much of? If it's fabric, be as specific as you dare......in my case it's blue fabric. I re-bought (don't you love that word) some fabric that I'd already purchased only a few months ago. Blue, of course, because having twice as much blue as any other color is not something I should consider before making a purchase. I guess if there's still some of that same blue at the LQS, I'll probably buy some more. If it's on sale, I'll buy a full yard!

Your turn.....what do you have too much of?

frauhahn 04-13-2011 02:22 PM

flowered fabric-but I didn't buy it-I inherited it. I'm just not a flowery-sort of quilter!

gunny148 04-13-2011 02:23 PM

peices lots of small peices, i have walmart bags full i know i have 4 just at my cutting table alone, quilting sharps i have more on my wall than Hobby Lobby has.

isnthatodd 04-13-2011 02:25 PM

Maybe small pieces of batting. I should find a project that uses small pieces in some sort of quilt as you go quilt. Then again, they are stored on the top shelf out of the way in my fabric room, so there's no hurry!

emerald46 04-13-2011 02:26 PM

I absolutely could not believe how much blue fabric I had stashed away when I did my big destash earlier this year. I gave away several banker boxes full of fabric and more than 50% of it was some shade of blue!! My other problem--yellow quilter pins...I can see 5 big boxes, 1 tomato and a red magnetic holder full from my chair. There are probably some in the x-sewing room upstairs as well but can't climb stairs for another couple of weeks.

Rose L 04-13-2011 02:27 PM

Ideas. I have more ideas than I'm ever going to get to in my lifetime!

TonnieLoree 04-13-2011 02:31 PM

Hideous print corduroy. Two different prints. I should start using them as backings for wall-hangings or table runners. Hey, I think my mom gave that stuff to me. Would that be considered re-gifting?

Quiltforme 04-13-2011 02:34 PM

I have an issue with insomnia and when you mix pain pills with it my mind is well lets just say I tend to get a lot of surprises. I have ordered the same fabric books etc all the time. So I have duplicates of some! I also buy seconds of fabrics because if I like the fabric to the point I don't want to cut then I can keep it and cut the seconds!!!

S D G 04-13-2011 02:36 PM

Quilt books. Some going back to the 60's. I don't want to get rid of them, they were my Aunt's. She gave up quilting a few years ago and they are Dear to me.

debp33 04-13-2011 02:37 PM

Too many fat quarters. I have hundreds and hundreds.

I find when I'm making a quilt I usually need more than a quarter yard of the same color. (But I can't give up the FQs because I just never know when I will need that particular one!)