Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Trying to get over the hump and finish... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/trying-get-over-hump-finish-t193011.html)

Julie in NM 06-28-2012 07:04 AM

Trying to get over the hump and finish...

This current project. Happens everytime I start a quilt..no matter what size. Just over half way done and I look longingly at fab, patterns, mags of new quilts and I want to turn current project into UFO and start new. So hard to finish but THIS quilt is surprise gift for friend at work so I must get over this hump and finish. This ever happen to you?

QuiltnNan 06-28-2012 07:10 AM

all of the time :) but mine usually starts about 3/4 through. there are just so many ideas in my head, i can't wait to start the next one LOL

QuiltinginSD 06-28-2012 07:15 AM

I have this problem with pretty much every project. I have so many UFOs because of it!

ArtsyOne 06-28-2012 07:48 AM

All the time! I just finished the top of a paper-pieced quilt and am now bored with it, so I started making t-shirts for myself to wear. I'm bored with t-shirts after the 3rd one in two days and it is sitting next to my machine. Next I want to make a quick baby-quilt, but I'm going to force myself to finish that t-shirt.

leatheflea 06-28-2012 08:20 AM

Yep, I think the my biggest problem is the internet. I see so many great projects online and I want to make them all. If I really have to get something finished I stay away from the computer, hours can get lost surfing quilt patterns, design, and fabric.

Happy Linda 06-28-2012 08:47 AM

Refuse to look at anything else until the project is done. I know, you might as well become a dentist and pull teeth.

DeneK 06-28-2012 11:39 AM

My problem too... I almost always have -=at least=- 3 going at the same time in different stages of completion.

twilight 06-28-2012 12:03 PM

HI I have the same problem. I'm now taking a quilt top apart (jelly roll) and making it the other way. Up and Down instead of cross wise. I need to add to each strip to make them 68". Will quilt as I go with this one.

DawnFurlong 06-28-2012 12:09 PM

Oh my gosh! You have so described me!!! Down to the about half way through a quilt that is a surprise gift for a friend!!!! I am in the FMQ stage of a lap sized quilt. I have a love/hate relationship with FMQing. Wishing I had just chosen to stipple, but wanted to work more on a kind of scroll/cloud meandering thing. Have half of the quilt quilted, and just don't-want-to-do-it-anymore!! But I want to get this finished to give her - sometime soon!!! Thinking about it at lunch, I told myself that even if I just quilt over a couple of blocks every day - won't take much time and I will be done before I know it.

It is the same with every project though, be it for me or someone else.

Ditto what everyone else said. So many fabrics, patterns, quilting ideas - way more than I have time for. And hours easily get lost on the internet...

Crafty1 06-28-2012 12:14 PM

All the time :o