Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Trying to understand (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/trying-understand-t99143.html)

patricej 02-12-2011 03:56 PM

the rules encourage you to use the Edit Topic Title option instead of update bumps.

you are doing very well.

besides ... nobody is going to get chunked into the dungeon for a mistake or two here and there. we know there will be an adustment period.

chillaaaaaaaaaaaaax. ;-)

Up North 02-12-2011 03:57 PM

No you can edit your title no problem

Up North 02-12-2011 03:57 PM

Patrice beat me to it!!

mommamac 02-12-2011 03:58 PM

my understanding is bumping is when someone adds to their 'ad' after they posted so it appears at the top of the list again.

If you are just clarifying in your topic & it's a one time thing I don't think that's bumping.

np3 02-12-2011 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by donnajean
Thanks Nancy,
I guess I need better glasses. If I update a topic title, is that considered "bumping". If not, what is bumping? I spent 1/2 hr. reading the rules this a.m. & I'm trying to understand the proper procedures when posting an ad.

Originally Posted by np3
Oh, it is in blue on my computer, very tiny. You click on it and you can edit the title.

You are doing great. Took me a long time to find that link the first time I closed a sale. Updating the title is encouraged. When someone posts to your topic, it goes to the top of the list. Bumping is when you write something as a reply to deliberately bump yourself to the top. You are not supposed to do that, but it happens.

azwendyg 02-12-2011 04:11 PM

Is the "edit topic" only available on posting in the classified section? I've had a couple of spelling errors in my titles that I would have loved to have been able to correct. I've looked back at my topics and just plain do not have an "edit topic" anywhere...

donnajean 02-12-2011 04:13 PM

I spend literally hours each day reading posts & answering questions when I can, so I was very dismayed this a.m. when my posting in the Classified section to sell a couple books was immediately deleted. I had only been posting one a week in the Classified Section, but have made thousands of reply posts.

I think I spent half an hr. reading the new rules, but will have to go back as I still don't see why some posts are o.k. when they are not quilt related.

I still do not understand what bumping is. Thanks for helping to explain.

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
the rules encourage you to use the Edit Topic Title option instead of update bumps.

you are doing very well.

besides ... nobody is going to get chunked into the dungeon for a mistake or two here and there. we know there will be an adustment period.

chillaaaaaaaaaaaaax. ;-)

Up North 02-12-2011 04:13 PM

It is just in classifieds send a moderator a Pm and they will help you.

Up North 02-12-2011 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by donnajean
I spend literally hours each day reading posts & answering questions when I can, so I was very dismayed this a.m. when my posting in the Classified section to sell a couple books was immediately deleted. I had only been posting one a week in the Classified Section, but have made thousands of reply posts.

I think I spent half an hr. reading the new rules, but will have to go back as I still don't see why some posts are o.k. when they are not quilt related.

I still do not understand what bumping is. Thanks for helping to explain.

Originally Posted by PatriceJ

you are doing very well.

chillaaaaaaaaaaaaax. ;-)

Most of your new postings are classified I do believe that is why you got dropped

np3 02-12-2011 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by azwendyg
Is the "edit topic" only available on posting in the classified section? I've had a couple of spelling errors in my titles that I would have loved to have been able to correct. I've looked back at my topics and just plain do not have an "edit topic" anywhere...

You can edit the title of any topic you post. Look again, it is very small, no box around it.