Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   tube pillow cases (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tube-pillow-cases-t80165.html)

TN Donna 12-02-2010 12:15 PM

I have tried to pull out the tube pillow case and it will not pull out. I know I sewed it right. My hands are cramping over it. does anyone else have this problem?

Connie in CO 12-02-2010 12:31 PM

Sorry no i don't.You roll up the main part.Put the main part into the inside out casing?just one side of main part pin between the edges of casing the whole width of fabric?if you are only doing the case itself you have three layers,sew edge to edge,then you should be able to pull the case rightside out

MaRanda 12-02-2010 12:33 PM

Hi Donna. Sorry that you are having trouble. You only sew the one side of the pillow case and turn it. It may be snug but you sometimes need to pursuade it to pull out. Maybe someone else has some other suggestions.

Cyn 12-02-2010 01:58 PM

Maybe a break from it and try again tomorrow.......?

TN Donna 12-02-2010 02:09 PM

I took it apart. I had it right and I think it was where my husband tried to do it for me and got it all wadded up. I will resew it after I repress it. I still have to press all the material and fat quarters I got today and start cutting by hand all the ship blocks for Dustin's quilt. I d o feel better today. I made a pocket thing for Nick's bed and a dog coat for Gloria from my One Yard Wonder Book. I am tired and should rest but I am going to iron before I rest.

TN Donna 12-02-2010 02:26 PM

I took it apart. I had it right and I think it was where my husband tried to do it for me and got it all wadded up. I will resew it after I repress it. I still have to press all the material and fat quarters I got today and start cutting by hand all the ship blocks for Dustin's quilt. I d o feel better today. I made a pocket thing for Nick's bed and a dog coat for Gloria from my One Yard Wonder Book. I am tired and should rest but I am going to iron before I rest.

Nana2Sew 12-02-2010 02:53 PM

I make my banding piece about 9 - 10" X WOF and it seams to pull out easier than a narrower one 6 - 8". Just a thought!

hperttula123 12-02-2010 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Nana2Sew
I make my banding piece about 9 - 10" X WOF and it seams to pull out easier than a narrower one 6 - 8". Just a thought!

We did a bunch last weekend and we did the 9" banding piece. I had my daughter pulling them all out. She never had a problem....and we did 100 of them. :)

Connie in CO 12-02-2010 03:24 PM

That helps if you have a partner.

mommamac 12-02-2010 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by TN Donna

sounds like you had a busy day - a rest may be in order so you don't backslide