Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   TV shows on quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tv-shows-quilting-t41977.html)

Marilyn Philips 04-09-2010 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by ForestHobbit

Originally Posted by Seanette
Comcast doesn't seem to offer a lot. Must hunt online. (sigh)

Comcast shows several shows on Sunday afternoons on channel 17 KCSM in San Jose

Fons and Porter
Quilt in a Day
Sewing with Nancy

Not sure what channel these are on:
Martha Pullen
Knitting Daily

Comcast in the Detroit area does not air these shows so I have to assume that the demand is not there for this type of programming.

:-( :-( :-( :cry: :cry: :cry:

dar627742 04-10-2010 05:54 AM

if you have direct tv just set your favorites to 'quilting' & it will record them all. NEAT!

anglgrl 04-10-2010 06:19 AM

guess what they just brought all my programs back today they were gone for a few months maybe they got more money. lol

Char 04-10-2010 07:03 AM

I haven't read all the replies (just skimmed them), but has anyone tried www.quilterstv.com on your computer. I like it, especially the Billie Lauder segments. It has tons of other quilters doing demonstrations.
Try it! You'll like it!

AtHomeSewing 04-10-2010 07:06 AM

My friends thought I was crazy recording Simply Quilts while it was on! I've got a collection of 150 or so of the shows saved on DVDs and love to have them to refer to.

It's hard to say if it will be back on. Sometimes HGTV runs episodes on the DIY Network. They have hundreds of episodes, so they could use it anytime I guess.

dawn payne 04-10-2010 07:11 AM

Kitsie, I just saw your picture on here. The quilt square you are holding is beautiful! Which pattern is that? It's beautiful! Dawn Payne

/

oragefrog 04-10-2010 11:44 AM

I have a few of her tapes on VHS. They are wonderful.

Seanette 04-10-2010 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by ForestHobbit

Originally Posted by Seanette
Comcast doesn't seem to offer a lot. Must hunt online. (sigh)

Comcast shows several shows on Sunday afternoons on channel 17 KCSM in San Jose

Fons and Porter
Quilt in a Day
Sewing with Nancy

Not sure what channel these are on:
Martha Pullen
Knitting Daily

I don't get KCSM, have found Martha Pullen and Knitting Daily on BYU-TV and PBS respectively. Sewing with Nancy and Fons & Porter also appear on PBS.

deeceem 04-10-2010 08:56 PM

As dvd became popular I thought I would transfer the taped simply quilts to dvd. :lol: not yet. I kept them cross indexed to be able to find what I wanted. The problem now is that I now have no vcr player in the sewing room.

MillieH 04-11-2010 05:33 AM

Quoting from above in ref. to public TV: "make them realize that there are people who want those shows to continue."

Some of these shows are expensive and the money to pay for them comes mainly from public sources (donations, company sponsorships, etc.). Consider a donation to public TV to help pay for them.