Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   two identical twin quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/two-identical-twin-quilts-t48491.html)

Dina 06-05-2010 12:45 PM

I have just about finished my a twin quilt top that will match another twin quilt, so that I can put both in a room with two twin beds. I am really having to force myself to finish this quilt, though I love it and can't wait to get both finished.

I think I am struggling because I know how the quilt will look when I am finished. My biggest joy seems to be actually "seeing" what I have been creating, since I seem unable to visualize anything ahead of time.

Does anyone else have trouble completing the second quilt of a set of two??

DebraK 06-05-2010 12:46 PM

I never do the same thing twice. I would have the same problem.

craftybear 06-05-2010 12:46 PM

wow, can't wait to see them, that is so cool to have made twin quilts

virtualbernie 06-05-2010 12:47 PM

I've always had a problem making 2 of anything! When I make clothes I throw the pattern away because I know I will not make it again. :)

Luckynumber7 06-05-2010 01:05 PM

I've never made two of anything (yet), but I can see what you mean, half the excitement is seeing it when it's all done!

katier825 06-05-2010 01:11 PM

Next time, try the same fabrics, but 2 different patterns for variety!

Dina 06-05-2010 01:19 PM

Two different patterns, but the same fabric...that might keep me interested more. I may do that, and then I may never make two for this room again!! This is the third time I have made sets of quilts for that room, since December.

I have only been quilting about 8 months, and I really want a set of quilts that I am totally satisfied with. I think these two might be the ones. :) First I need to finish them though. I just lack the two borders on the second, then the actual quilting, and binding.

I keep thinking about the next quilt I want to do, but something in me makes me finish one project before I start another. :)

Tiffany 06-05-2010 01:58 PM

I rarely ever make the same pattern twice, and likely just for that reason. I just did a couple of baby quilts for my cousin who had twins and the second one took me forever! Once I've done a pattern, I'm ready to move on to another one. There are simply too many amazing patterns out there for me to want to concentrate on just a handful. That said, I have done the log cabin and bargello quilts more than once.

sahm4605 06-05-2010 01:59 PM

I am working on my second hunters star quilt the first i just finished quilting. They are the same pattern but different colors and will probably quilt them a little bit different. maybe do the same pattern but change the fabric colors or the quilting. there are so many ways to change a pattern so that they are similar but different. post pics when you are done or now.

trupeach1 06-05-2010 02:07 PM

that sounds beautiful but I would never be able to make twin quilts. one would end up a UFO. On the other hand I would make matching quilts with the same fabric different patterns.