Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   TWO machines and a love story! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/two-machines-love-story-t211557.html)

Scraplady 01-20-2013 08:14 PM

TWO machines and a love story!

I've been shopping for a new SM for some time. I thought I had done all my homework and had just about settled on one. Then I stopped by an unknown (to me) dealer and discovered the Brother Innov-is VQ3000 "Dreamweaver". (This is the "twin sister" of the Baby Lock Crescendo over which I had done rather a lot of oohing and ahing, but decided was just too rich for my blood. I'm also in the market for my first EM and had a set amount to spend on both.) After a number of demos and testing and some further unnecessary drooling, just for fun, I asked for a price. Her quote was far less than the Baby Lock, and Brother is running a promotion thru Jan. 28th. That night I told my investor (DH) all about my adventure.

Long story short, we went back yesterday, and I came home with not only the Dreamweaver, but a Brother PE-780D EM as well! I think I chose well--DH, that is. He has always been my greatest supporter and far more willing to spend big bucks on my equipment than I am. He said I deserve a machine worthy of my talent! What a man! And hopefully the machines will be a good choice as well.

I have never owned a TOL machine, so I'm looking forward to discovering all it can do. So far it is out of the box--no easy task, this is a behemoth of a machine with an 11.25" harp. The clock is set (still wondering about this since I mostly prefer NOT to watch the clock when I'm sewing...must be a way to disable that feature), a bobbin is wound and the needle is threaded. Now, how long do we sit here and stare at it and wonder where to start?!

kitsykeel 01-20-2013 08:30 PM

You are a lucky lady to have such a generous husband. Mine is generous but we don't have the funds, so I am content for now with my ten sewing machines and one embroidery machine. All bought used and most all vintage.

Stitchnripper 01-20-2013 08:31 PM

That sounds wonderful!! I had a demo of the DreamWeaver and it is a nifty machine for sure. Keep us posted on your progress!!!!

Dolphyngyrl 01-20-2013 08:37 PM

Enjoy. I have the combo, and am so in love I think my hubbies jealous

mighty 01-20-2013 09:36 PM

Awesome, enjoy!!!!!!

LoisM 01-20-2013 09:37 PM

You're a VERY lucky lady! Enjoy yourself to high heaven, woman!

justflyingin 01-21-2013 12:17 AM

That is fantastic! So glad your husband is supportive. I'd never had a TOTL machine before I bought a Janome 7700 two years ago, October (2010). It really is fun to sew with a machine that can do so much and makes it so easy.

But I was also overwhelmed a bit at the beginning. Took me a couple of days just looking before I sewed with it. :) My husband didn't understand why I didn't dig right in and just start. :) I've made up for it since then, however!

hopetoquilt 01-21-2013 03:16 AM

There are some things that are just worth sinking the money into and a good machine is important to have. So glad you were able to get the machines you love. Grab some scraps and start playing on the machine.

mimiknoxtaylor 01-21-2013 03:25 AM

What a great DH! My DH is supportive but not quite up with yours -yet :D
For Christmas he did get me an Accuquilt Go & bucks to buy dies. So he's also a keeper

GailG 01-21-2013 03:34 AM

I looked in abbreviations and didn't find these so I'll have to ask the question.. In post#1 TOL was mentioned and in Post #7, TOTL. What do they mean?

Congratulations on your new machines and on having such a supportive and sweet DH! I'm yearning for a new machine (Janome 6300 or 6400) and all my DH says is "and where are you going to put it?":D