Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Two Wrongs Seem To Make It All Alright, After All (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/two-wrongs-seem-make-all-alright-after-all-t170775.html)

Ps 150 12-03-2011 08:49 AM

Two Wrongs Seem To Make It All Alright, After All

I've been working late at night and throughout the days, when my daughters are busy, to get some Christmas quilts made for them. Since I started so late on these projects, I'm just making them some Warm Wishes Quilts with some fussy cut Littlest Pet Shop blocks. I set about to make 6 1/2" blocks and started by fussy cutting all the Pet Shop blocks while they were asleep the other night.

Then, my youngest DD's syndrome flared up so I've been quite distracted while quilting so when I started cutting out the strips for the stripped blocks, I only accounted for only one side of each seam allowance, deducting 1/4" from each seam instead of 1/2" to account for both fabrics so when I pressed my strip sets open this morning, they measured 6" strips instead of 6 1/2"!

That was my first mistake. So, I decided I would just set about trimming my 6 1/2" fussy cut blocks down to 6" blocks so they would match up. That's when I realized my second mistake. I hadn't grabbed my 6 1/2" square ruler, but I had grabbed my 6" square ruler to fussy cut! So, it all came out in the wash, afterall! Phew! I was worried that I was going to take a huge block of time today recutting those blocks! And Saturdays are the days I can get the most done because my girls like to watch Saturday cartoons on the TBN.

I think I'm going to start their Christmas quilts for next year over this year's Christmas break so I don't have to do this again!

thimblebug6000 12-03-2011 08:53 AM

:eek: But glad it worked out in the end! Great idea about starting next year's projects.

Deb watkins 12-03-2011 09:13 AM

I too, am feeling the pressure of getting quilts done. I have 10 frist aid draw string bags to make for the scouts for Dec 12 Den meeting, doll clothes to make for the new AG doll for dg, finish up the Princess Quilt for another dg, and a bed topper-like quilt for d and sil. Finishing up the pointsettias for the swap due Dec 10, and the last 12 NICU quilts for Dec. Put on second shift all next week 2-11pm, I definitely feel like I am chasing the clock. Why is it that we do this to ourselves?

Sunnye 12-03-2011 09:36 AM

I feel your pain and relief. We're like sisters!

QuiltnNan 12-03-2011 09:51 AM

Whew, so glad when it works out to your benefit! :thumbup:

mighty 12-03-2011 11:14 AM

Oh boy, I so glad it all worked out ok.

amma 12-03-2011 03:56 PM

I am so happy that it has all worked out in the end for you :) :) :)

Sandra in Minnesota 12-03-2011 04:17 PM

Glad it all worked out ok. Have a wonderful Christmas.

QandE2010 12-03-2011 06:32 PM

Oh, you are so lucky that everything turned out for the best. It seems like I am always behind around Christmas time and this year is no exception. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Dina 12-03-2011 07:00 PM

I am glad it worked out. It sure is a busy time of the year...