Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   UFOs (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ufos-t7843.html)

Stitching4Fun 06-06-2008 07:06 AM

I am trying to count what I remember in my head. I think I have 7 quilts that I have started, some just need the backing and quilted. I also have some bags I am making for groceries. I have three of them cut out but haven't sewn them together as of yet. I have 2 made and I have to remember to leave them in my vehicle when I unload them, otherwise I forget to take them with me.

I know I have tons of other projects, but honestly, I am afraid to go in my sewing room and look for them!!

I will have to put all of them in one area and take a day to work on nothing but them. I used to do that with my mending. I took one day and that is what I focused on, but nowadays life is so hectic that it is hard to stay focused with everything else that needs to get done.

Barb

redrummy 06-06-2008 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
How many UFOS do you have? I have 10 so far thats after I cleaned my sewing room big mistake I made a promis to myself to try to finish all my UFOs

I also promised myself to finish one for every 2 new ones I start. I think I am in trouble. :shock:

Quiltinsolitude 06-06-2008 06:02 PM

two and a practice piece . . . one quilt I just started and it's hand applique blocks - one down and 23 more to go - and an afghan I started crocheting mid-winter for daughter that I need to move to the living room to work on while watching tv.

The practice piece is a paper-pieced block (I can tell I won't be doin' more of it) that I'm going to practice free motion quilting on.

bj 06-06-2008 06:18 PM

I have two that I inherited from other people. I don't count them as mine...I didn't ask for them and I don't really like them. I'm pretty sure they won't ever get done :) When I first started quilting about 6 yrs. ago I promised myself I wouldn't start anything new until I'd finished what I started. So far, I'm holding to it. Most of the quilts I make are for people with deadlines involved...birthday or birth day, so I try to get them done in time. I think a lot of UFO's would stress me out too much. I know, I'm weird :?

Andi 06-07-2008 08:52 AM

I only have 4, I really try not to get ahead, because I am the worst for not finishing what I start. I did just dew a lap quilt top yesterday for my guild community project, it was from their scraps though, so it did nothing for MY scrap bin lol

sewnsewer2 06-07-2008 09:16 AM

Lets see, I have a quilt, a wallet and I'm not sure what I'll find when I clean my sewing room to re decorate next week. :lol:

jan22 06-09-2008 06:04 PM

I figured that if I hang the UFO's on hangers in the closet, they are out of sight and they don't bother me anymore. If I get to them, ok, if not that's ok too. If I need a quick gift, I'll just finish one of those since most of mine are finished tops. A couple have the batting hanging with them ready for backing and quilting. Maybe someday when I retire, ran out of exta $$'s, then I'll still have something to work on.