Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   USB stick (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/usb-stick-t98652.html)

Connie in CO 02-10-2011 11:55 PM

A great tutorial would be for using a USB stick for saving patterns.I would love to know how to use one of those things.Connie in CO

candlequilter 02-11-2011 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Connie in CO
A great tutorial would be for using a USB stick for saving patterns.I would love to know how to use one of those things.Connie in CO

Hi Connie,
If you want to save patterns or anything to a USB stick all you have to do is to copy it from your computer and paste it to the USB stick. Or if your computer allows it you can just drag it from where you have it on your computer to the USB stick icon.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter

katvert 02-11-2011 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by candlequilter

Originally Posted by Connie in CO

Hi Connie,
If you want to save patterns or anything to a USB stick all you have to do is to copy it from your computer and paste it to the USB stick. Or if your computer allows it you can just drag it from where you have it on your computer to the USB stick icon.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter

Both of these are great options... another way is to save it directly to the drive.
when you go to save the pattern, on the save screen (depending on which program you are using.) just change the drive from the current location to the USB drive.

sassyg 02-11-2011 06:32 AM

I too was wondering how this was done,thanks for the info

clem55 02-11-2011 06:37 AM

I've got all my patterns and ideas saved right now in MY DOwnload folder. HUbby bought me an external hard drive( not USB stick) for Xmas so I could have all quilting on that. But I'm not sure how to transfer from one drive to another. So, I need some help too!!

nativetexan 02-11-2011 06:40 AM

connie, i'm computer illiterate! I'm lucky to be able to save files and photos and get on here. usb is beyond me. as it iphones, etc.

dungeonquilter 02-11-2011 06:55 AM

Open up the folder where your files are. You can do this from the my computer icon. Adjust the size so it is 1/2 the screen. Click the my computer icon again to open another window. Adjust the size so it fills the other half of the screen. From this window, open up the drive for where you want the files to go.
Highlite the files you want to move and right click and cut. Move your mouse to where you want the file to go and right click and paste.

Connie in CO 02-11-2011 07:25 AM

See nativetexan,i'm just like you that's way i was threwing out a hint for an Tutorial.

carhop 02-11-2011 01:32 PM

you'ed think after working with then sence the late 60 but i still don't know what all mine can do i screw up and fix all the time