Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Vacation ... FROM QUILTING??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/vacation-quilting-t59333.html)

quiltinghere 08-14-2010 05:05 AM

Did you ever take a vacation FROM quilting? ...

A length of time when you did nothing quilting related.

How long did you take?
Where there 'extenuating circumstances' (i.e. life) ?
Did you just need a 'vacation from quilting'?

GOING ON VACATION (away from your quilting things) does NOT count.

raptureready 08-14-2010 05:25 AM

I have taken a 4 day vacation. Monday and Tuesday I sewed like crazy. Wednesday I had an eye appointment and found out that I have cataracts---at age 56! The drops made my eyes and head hurt for two days, yesterday I just was lazy, today I'm dressing as a clown and doing face painting for a tiny carnival at church. I may sew later today, I have a lot I have to get done.

stefanib123 08-14-2010 05:30 AM

I made my first couple of quilts/projects and then put it down for a few years. I don't know why, really.

I got really into scrapbooking at that time, so maybe that was why. I didn't have time to do them both.

I still bought fabric that I found for great deals, though, during that time. Not a lot, just small things like stuff that was crazy cheap.I never intentionally said "I'm taking a break" or anything, so I was still "planning" quilts in my head. Before I knew a few years had passed.

When I did pick it back up, though, it was with a vengance! LOL! I was obsessed with it!

leatheflea 08-14-2010 05:45 AM

Quilting for me is a hobby so when time allows and I need a break I crank up the music, pin the hair up, put the petal to the floor and quilt!

Twisted Quilter 08-14-2010 06:18 AM

There was a thread a couple of weeks ago about being in a quilting slump. I was surprised at the number of people that were in a slump and not quilting, but from various reasons.

nannyquilts 08-14-2010 06:48 AM

I love to quilt but sometimes I just need to step away from it. I am finishes up a project and now and that will make 3 back to back. It's not fun then.

sidmona 08-14-2010 07:07 AM

I took a vacation for about 6 months. Stayed away from the board and my quilting. Don't know why - just wasn't in the mood. Back in the swing of things now though.

litacats 08-14-2010 07:08 AM

I am new to quilting only a few months and i have already had time out. not that i wanted to as such but time is so hard to find at the moment I do what i can when i can. I refuse to take on work for someone else if they like what i have made then I will give it or sell it but I will not take orders as the pressure gets to much for me, and I never get things done, so fun time fun time is what it is all about

LoisN 08-14-2010 07:11 AM

Seems that I take a few days off after I complete a project. That is usually when my head is buzzing about what to tackle next. I'm in that "place" right now.

janedennis 08-14-2010 07:35 AM

Lois I do the same thing. Now searching for fabrics for new project, havent been too successful.