Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Viking Designer SE (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/viking-designer-se-t205506.html)

Lindacan 11-08-2012 08:05 PM

Viking Designer SE

I am looking at a Designer SE used Anyone have a guess what a good price would be? It was purchased in 2010 and has less that 100 hours. Don't know what all comes with it but the embrodry part does come with it..

lnolan6177 11-09-2012 04:10 AM

My LQS had a sale on the demo models of this machine...Reg. $10,000 on sale for $5,000. I have a 1 1/2 year old Topaz 30 and they were only going to allow me $1800(half of the purchase price) making the machine $3200. Although I think that is a fantastic price on that machine.....mine works perfectly fine for my needs. It is a great machine though..I used one for a quilting class at the LQS. Good luck!!

nabobw 11-09-2012 04:27 AM

I do not think a deigner se goes for 10,000 the diamond was not even that much.

PaperPrincess 11-09-2012 05:26 AM

I bought mine used, from a dealer 3 years ago for $1,800. Looked on Ebay and that price seems to be holding. I will say that I love mine. It has a USB, a larger screen and a bigger embroidery area than the Designer I. The thing that I also like is that mine is very quiet. It will also sew thru anything. I make a lot of bags out of upholstery fabric, and with the pattern that I devised you sew thru 4 layers of upholstery fabric PLUS 4 layers of lining fabric PLUS 4 layers of interfacing. The machine has no problems doing this.

romanojg 11-09-2012 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by nabobw (Post 5644935)
I do not think a deigner se goes for 10,000 the diamond was not even that much.

This is just what I was thinking. The brand new Ruby Deluxe is only around 6500. If I was going to pay that much or anywheres close I'd go with the Diamond Deluxe; it has the largest hoops plus lots of extras, I'd at least get the Diamond or the Ruby. All of these machines are so much far above the Designer SE. There's no way I'd spend even 5000 on it. With a trade in you should be able to get it even cheaper. You didn't say where you were getting it from but I'd suggest going thru a quilt store for the warranty, (even offered on used models) and the classes and support. These three things should be at the top of your list. That and a store that has great support; not all do.

Judi in Ohio 11-09-2012 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Lindacan (Post 5644605)
I am looking at a Designer SE used Anyone have a guess what a good price would be? It was purchased in 2010 and has less that 100 hours. Don't know what all comes with it but the embrodry part does come with it..

I just bought an Se. I bought it from the site SewItsForSale on yahoo groups. I have excellent results on that site. I owned a Diamond and while looking at the Diamond I played with the SE and really liked it. I sold the Diamond pretty quickly and decided wanted an SE. This one came up, perfect price, condition and I bought it.
I have priced this machine for a while and from what I've seen you should be able to get it for $1600-2500 according to accessories and conditions. Do not go higher you will find one in this price range. I haven't used this one enough to give it rave reviews, but so far I'm happy.

Louise Houghtaling 11-10-2012 04:36 PM

I got one in NY for $3500 new and my daughter got one for the same price in PA.