Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Viking Tribute 140C or Sapphire 875 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/viking-tribute-140c-sapphire-875-a-t191902.html)

kbryan 06-16-2012 06:11 AM

Viking Tribute 140C or Sapphire 875

I have been looking for a good deal on a Sapphire 875 and recently found out about the Tribute 140C. Has anyone done a comparison of the two? I have a Viking Platinum Plus that I really like a lot, but wanted a separate machine for quilting. I have very many feet, so would like to go with a machine that will use the same feet as the Platinum Plus and I think that the Sapphire does. What do you guys think? Thanks.

Petey 06-16-2012 06:29 AM

I just bought the Viking 875 - had a Babylock Melody - the 875 is pretty impressive with the Exclusive sensors system - this "senses" the tension, stitch length, tells you what needle to use, etc for the fabric you are using - The other things I like about it - the pressor foot can be programed to lift automatically with the needle down so turning a corner is a breeze - other models have this feature. What really impressed me was when the pressure foot went over piecing two fabrics togehter to going over 1/2 inch ( that's right 1/2 inch!) wad of denim and right back to the two fabrics without batting an eye and the sewing was even and beautiful. It is noisier then my Babylock when sewing
but the stitching is so much better. It's "automatic threader" is not nearly as good as the Babylock's ( it worked everytime). Every machine has a plus and a minus you just have to figure out what matters to you. Of course the 875 was much more expensive then the Babylock. I also looked at the 140C but I wanted the exclusive sensor system. Good luck with your decision and you can always get it on sale which I did - never pay full price was a machine.

twoxover 06-16-2012 08:27 AM

i am buying the 140c....the difference, in my eyes for between the two was that the 875 gave you the automatic thread cut off, and some more stitches, as well as a completely automated tension sensor. the 875 was about 2000, i got the 140c for 1240. i decided the 800- difference in price, ahh, i can cut my own threads.

kbryan 06-16-2012 08:39 AM

Thank you Petey and twoxover. Petey, your information was very helpful. I think I'm going to go with the Sapphire, now I just need to find one on sale for a great price!

mighty 06-16-2012 09:58 AM

I have the 140c it is a great machine. I have many other vikings which I love also. I guess it is just which features you can not live without!!!

Sally J 06-16-2012 04:06 PM

I think you made the right decision for the Sapphire. The sensor foot feature is the best!!!!!!Never a problem with tension or going over thick fabric.

Petey 06-17-2012 07:30 AM

It is always good to get a group opinion of stuff - so much better then going it alone. Have fun with your new machine.

kbryan 06-18-2012 04:44 PM

Thanks guys, I bought from a seller on Ebay for $1250, and I am very happy about the price and look forward to sewing on it!