Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Parts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/vintage-sewing-machine-parts-t57028.html)

4dogs 07-30-2010 08:39 PM

I need the "desk" thingy that goes on the arm of an old Singer 6512......I got it at Goodwill for $15.00, it sews, but is doenst have the table and I really prefer using one.

Charlee 07-30-2010 08:41 PM

slide plates...(I need two for my Damascus machines) shuttles, bobbins, needles...

JoAnnGC 07-30-2010 09:10 PM

I would love to find cams (seam formers) for my Husqvarna Viking 21. These are not the same cams as those that fit on the later Vikings which are fairly easy to find. I have two "C" cams but would love to get an "A", "B", "D" and "E" or any of the variations on these such as "A1", "A2", etc. I can also use an extra bobbin case, hook, bobbins, etc. I had a really tough time getting the belts at a reasonable price but finally found a repair shop in PA that had some. I know that there are not as many vintage Viking owners here on the QB but if you come across any of these parts it would be wonderful! Thanks!

Longarm 07-31-2010 03:52 AM

Hi Billy, I have 2 Singer featherweights in need of parts. The one is from the 30's with the art deco plate but it looks like someone replaced the cord with a piece from a brown extension cord and I am afraid of an electrical disaster if I try to sew on it. The other is from the 50's, light color, and needs a bobbin and spool holder.

I bought them both on ebay (NEVER AGAIN!!), my apology to all the good people on ebay. Please reply to me if you can help and I will PM you whatever information you need for parts.

Longarm

no1jan 07-31-2010 03:58 AM

Billy, this is wonderful! I could use a case for my Featherweight, and am always looking for attachments.

Also based on my past experience, bobbin winders! lol.

ginnie6 07-31-2010 04:31 AM

oooh! I have a White 3355 that I would love to get cams for.

weezie 07-31-2010 05:37 AM

Billy, I acquired a small Stitchmaster in a small cabinet. It was made in 1961 (in Japan). I have never plugged it in to see if it runs, but it's missing its bobbin case (& bobbins) as well as any and all other loose parts. I did a Stitchmaster search and they are manufactured in the UK (doing well, apparently). They did not respond to my e-mail and I've had no luck finding info. about it. I'd be interested in having the bobbin case + at least 1 bobbin, if possible.

iapam 08-01-2010 06:49 AM

I could use either a case for my featherweight or two new latches. Also, neeedles fot the same machine.

Shemjo 08-01-2010 08:04 AM

I can't think of anything I need right now, but it is great to know that you are trying to meet our needs for these lovely old ladies! ( I mean, our machines, of course!)

But, I probably could use a new case, a black one, for my FW. I have a green one and the handle broke.

llong0233 08-01-2010 09:04 AM

I have a 1954 Singer Model 306W in a cabinet. It has a 3 pin terminal power connection but it didn't have the power cord when I bought it. I found a bunch of numbers on line (W1561910, 190613-19021, BA3-8) and I think one of them is the part number but I have never been able to find the part. If you had one of could get one I would sure like to buy it!

I think you will find a strong market for vintage parts out there. Especially for those of us living in smaller communities and rural areas with no access to reputable sewing machine repair shops. Please let me know if you have this part of if you know where I can find it. Thanks so much and good luck with your venture!