Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Parts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/vintage-sewing-machine-parts-t57028.html)

Lostn51 07-30-2010 02:47 PM

This is just an announcement to let you guys know that it looks like I am going into the parts business. I know there are a lot of you that are doing so well with my tutorials and are refurbishing your machines but are still needing parts for them.

I normally have lots of parts laying around that I normally use for my service work but this is something that someone and I came up with and I think it might do well. I would of course supply for all makes of vintage sewing machines but what would you guys like to see in a parts house? What are your most wanted items.

Lets put our heads together and just see what the perfect parts store would carry and I can use this for the basis of being able to provide for my customers.

Oh and I know that new vintage sewing machines are high on the list but I am not sure my suppliers can get those for me maybe the new model 15's...... ;)

Billy

Pam 07-30-2010 03:33 PM

I need a motor for an old rotary Graybar. Goodness only knows how I could possibly get inside the head of the machine. (The motor is inside, not conviently on the outside like the Singers).

sweet 07-30-2010 04:28 PM

That's great Lostn51!

I've been searching for a quarter inch foot for my old kenmore 158.1802 and possibly a walking foot & ruffler. I also am in need of light bulbs!

If you can run across any feet for an old pfaff 260 and the color- stitch wheel.

Lostn51 07-30-2010 04:38 PM

Alright sounds like we are getting an idea of parts I need to carry. I have 6 different suppliers that I use and I can get almost anything along with me fixing to buy out a couple of OSMG's so I should have some parts to work with.

If you have any request for parts right now just PM me and we can go from there. But on this thread I am just curious what your ultimate parts store/service center would carry for the vintage machines.

Billy

virtualbernie 07-30-2010 05:11 PM

belts, light bulbs, bobbin tires... oh, yeah, my kingston needs a cover for the light--keep burning my knuckles and arm on the bulb... I'll pm you but I just thought maybe that happens to others also. :lol:

AbbyQuilts 07-30-2010 05:31 PM

Feet for non singer treadle machines, and needles and bobbins :D

Candace 07-30-2010 05:42 PM

I think belts will be the most commonly needed item.

jackkip 07-30-2010 05:49 PM

Belts, light bulbs, bumper tires, rubber feet for the bottom of machines. parts that usually don't fare so well in storage. Let's face it, most of theses machines have been sitting for years before we discover them.

Also I think parts that might go missing over time. presser feet, power cords, foot controls.

quiltingbee12 07-30-2010 06:05 PM

Hard to find needles, VS bobbins, slid plates.
I'm looking for Davis NVF bobbins, as I only have one - annoying in the middle of a quilt to have to change the bobbin... The davis is in my avatar.

Tink's Mom 07-30-2010 06:10 PM

I think some feed dogs...bobbin slide plates...pretty much all the chrome parts that could be rusty on some of the old machines.