Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilt Retreat - April Edition 4-19-13 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilt-retreat-april-edition-4-19-13-a-t218838.html)

CarolynMT 04-14-2013 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by staring (Post 6000857)
cannot excess your pattern

Hetty

Hetty, I havent posted the pattern yet, actually havent written it yet....it is on my "to do" immediately list. I just posted about the sizes for cutting so that people could use stash material rather than buying new. It's what I did :) I will make it BIG and NOTICEABLE when I post the link :) I promise!

Originally Posted by kyrose (Post 6000609)
This sounds great! What time are you planning to start? My guild is having an "all-nighter" quilting event the same day, from 6 pm to 6 am. No one has to stay for the event the whole time, but we do stay for the pot-luck. lol Maybe I can do this before it starts. I would love to show up with a new bag!

We start sometime friday, I spend the weekend on the forum ready to answer questions.....although if it is quiet I go upstairs and sew some. I have a project to work on this weekend so I will be in/out all weekend. I will also be in the live chat when i am on, so you can always pop in there and see if I am around to answer immediately.

Originally Posted by blbery2 (Post 6001122)
Great looking tote! A girl can never have to many totes/purses :) Have never done a retreat before, have to work this weekend but will try to still make it. Sounds like a lot of fun.

There is no requirement that you start/finish in the weekend. It is just kinda cool to have everyone around the world working on the same project the same weekend.....I try to watch all my virtual retreat threads even after the projects are done to make sure all questions have been answered. Worst case, you can PM me and I will get back to you as soon as I get it. I log every night.

christinedelbrook 04-14-2013 03:06 PM

What fun, just saw this and will definitely be there.

QuiltnMyra 04-14-2013 03:18 PM

Oh my, I'm liking this more and more. Have been wondering 'What if I can't get finished,' 'What if I can't keep up - we have school holidays here and my plans to sew and sew could go seriously wonky'. I really like that no requirement bit, 'tho I will do my best to quilt along. Of course, we Australians will be ahead of you stateside gals (hee hee).

Kel 04-15-2013 01:45 PM

I would like to be included in the fun. I love making purses. Is there anything special I have to do to be included in the April Retreat? Is there a special sign up or something? I'm new to these boards and sometimes have trouble finding my way back to things. Any help would be a +. I would also like the link to the PDF of Feb and March retreat projects too. Where can I find those? Is this a group you sign up for or a monthy post you sign up for each month? sorry for all the questions. I'm still trying to figure out how this board works. Thanks for your help.

CarolynMT 04-15-2013 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Kel (Post 6003888)
I would like to be included in the fun. I love making purses. Is there anything special I have to do to be included in the April Retreat? Is there a special sign up or something? I'm new to these boards and sometimes have trouble finding my way back to things. Any help would be a +. I would also like the link to the PDF of Feb and March retreat projects too. Where can I find those? Is this a group you sign up for or a monthy post you sign up for each month? sorry for all the questions. I'm still trying to figure out how this board works. Thanks for your help.

Well to be honest, I dont remember things all that well :p so I keep the 'rules' so to speak as lax and nonexistent as possible. :) So basically, you just watch the thread for the link for the instructions, I will make it VERY big notice. I check in daily during the retreat, we encourage people to post photos of their progress. And just have fun! :) simple and relaxing......and I PM'd you the links to the other 2 projects :)

amh 04-15-2013 04:01 PM

This sounds like fun. I'd love to make one. Time is limited next weekend, but I'll try. Love the bag. It would be great to have one.

mom-6 04-15-2013 08:23 PM

Love totes! This one us a different style than my "usual" one, but that is great. I need to get out of my rut. Will have to get the PDF and work on it later though. All my weekends are spoken for as it is Scarborough Faire time and I will be in the candle booth all weekend. Anyone in the DFW metroplex area come see us

Kel 04-16-2013 07:12 AM

CarolynMT,

this sounds like my kind of group....I can't remember my own name some days.... I will keep checking in and try to keep up.
I thank you for the other PDF's, they look like fun, I have some idea's for trying them too.:thumbup:

Emma S 04-16-2013 07:15 AM

Kel: When you try the other projects don't forget to post your pictures. We all love to see.

Kel 04-16-2013 08:35 AM

Emma S;
I will post pix's. when I have some. I love seeing everyone's work on QB. That is part of the fun