Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Retreat quilt along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-retreat-quilt-along-t214011.html)

Sapphire_Rae 02-24-2013 06:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I finished my mat this afternoon, except for non-slip on the back. FMQ on my domestic machine was fun. Took me a couple tries to get started, but then got going. I have new found respect for you ladies that do full quilts on your domestic machines!! Whew, that would be a lot of work. I plan to use this for a rug under my sewing table.

Thank you Carolyn for hosting this fun weekend. I love this project and plan to make a few more of these, the size is perfect for dog bed snugglies and for car trips.

Dedemac 02-24-2013 07:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm thinking that I will go for the tartan hangover version, no sashing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]397717[/ATTACH]

The green makes a nice race track.

Emma S 02-25-2013 06:43 AM

I have all the blocks sewn together and it is spray basted to the back. Will quilt and bind it in the next couple of days, (no new UFO's here) then post a picture. Fun watching everyone's project come into being!

Carolyn: Would love to join in on another retreat. This was really fun. I really enjoy the almost instant gratification of a small project. Thank you so much for doing this!

works4me 02-25-2013 07:40 AM

I've been watching this and have copied the instructions for a later date. Am really enjoying watching these come together.

CarolynMT - you did a great job and it is a terrific idea. I'll be watching for new retreats.
Hope the migraine is better. I had one last week that incapacitated me for two days. Am still fighting it. No fun at all. Am impressed you still managed to play along.

thimblebug6000 02-25-2013 08:56 AM

Dedemac, looking good!

QuilterMomma 02-26-2013 11:22 AM

Oh goodness, just saw this thread and wow, looked like it was fun. This is a great idea, would make my little Jasper, toy poodle, snuggly in his kennel. Although the sewing desk rug looks good as well. Could keep those scrap threads from running everywhere and be able to just shake it out. I want to make one and put in my half bath downstairs so it looks comfortable to be in. I have rug skid stuff on hand already, an old towel, and definitely some fabric that would work. You ladies did great!

Dedemac 02-26-2013 06:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well I have sewn all the blocks together and sandwiched the piece so tomorrow when I am a little clearer headed. (I had a glass of port with NCIS) I will give the quilting a go. I have never done any on my home machine, wish me luck.
. [ATTACH=CONFIG]398314[/ATTACH]
The only old towel I had was blue, Hey its scrappy!!! I'm using up stuff and sending it to my DD for the Grand puppy.

Here is the Grand Puppy, his name is Mojo he is a Maltese / Bichon Frise mix, he weights about 14 lbs, at his last check up.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]398316[/ATTACH]

auntpiggylpn 02-26-2013 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dedemac (Post 5890998)
Well I have sewn all the blocks together and sandwiched the piece so tomorrow when I am a little clearer headed. (I had a glass of port with NCIS) I will give the quilting a go. I have never done any on my home machine, wish me luck.
. [ATTACH=CONFIG]398314[/ATTACH]
The only old towel I had was blue, Hey its scrappy!!! I'm using up stuff and sending it to my DD for the Grand puppy.

Here is the Grand Puppy, his name is Mojo he is a Maltese / Bichon Frise mix, he weights about 14 lbs, at his last check up.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]398316[/ATTACH]

I think it turned out fabulous!!! I like the busyness of it! The Grandpuppy is a cutie!

Dedemac 02-26-2013 07:15 PM

Thank you Auntpiggylpn, Mojo is cute but could use a little more house training. I'm tempted to try to quilt tonight but better to wait until clear headed. If I can't sleep maybe I will get up and sew, no husband to irritate tonight. This has been fun and a great learning experience for a person new to quilting. I appreciate all the great comments.

jwo1966 02-26-2013 10:04 PM

I would like your fabric....soo beautiful:)