Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Retreat quilt along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-retreat-quilt-along-t214011.html)

CarolynMT 03-02-2013 05:43 AM

Yeah it is my second, but I put it aside cause I wanted to get a throw pieced :) so I really was slacking.

I have a ton of ideas for more rugs, and one day may actually get a few done up. You can use any block you want to make a rug, any size you want. The options are nearly as endless as quilt tops!

For the "March" virtual quilt retreat, am thinking of doing a fabric bowl, it is not quilted but uses material, need to do up a sample. One of our board members did some last weekend, using up a bunch of her 2in scrap strips. This might be a good project. And just in time for easter ;) I am just a little nervous about trying ;) but gonna just let go and try it. So definitely keep tuned.

Also, if anyone comes across a quick and easy project that they think would make a great retreat project, please feel free to send me a picture or link, :) I am always happy to give something a try

Emma S 03-02-2013 06:43 AM

Carolyn: Just had an idea. What about quilt room assessories? For instance, pin cushions both regular and wrist, notion holders etc. I know, I am dangerous when I have a thought. Don't worry, won't happen again for another couple of months.

CarolynMT 03-02-2013 08:07 AM

To be honest emma, I have been batting around an idea for a pin cushion (no pun intended there) I need something to hold my safety pins OPEN, and was thinking of a "couch" like shape where the "seat" is where you put the pins in. Havent drawn anything up for that yet, but it would be a nice accessory ;) rather than opening/closing pins all the time while quilting.

CarolynMT 03-02-2013 11:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok finally finished :) only a week late

[ATTACH=CONFIG]399214[/ATTACH]

auntpiggylpn 03-02-2013 11:35 AM

Beautiful!!

Dedemac 03-02-2013 01:33 PM

Love it! I can just see it at the beach, I think it would make a great sand rug also.

CarolynMT 03-02-2013 04:25 PM

I am actually sending it, the towels and the quilted throw I was working on last weekend to a friend I play video games with online. She lives in the netherlands and suffers from fibromalysia (sp) , apparently it isnt as accepted as a serious issue over there like it has been recently over here. She always struggles to keep happy and not get too depressed. I thought she could use a good hug all the time :) and the rug/towels are an extra present, she doesnt know she is getting them.

thimblebug6000 03-02-2013 08:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yours turned out very pretty! I have just finished the binding on mine tonight.... remember I turned mine into a picnic table rug complete with hole in the middle for the umbrella. Here's the front & back pictures. [ATTACH=CONFIG]399346[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]399347[/ATTACH]

CarolynMT 03-03-2013 03:28 AM

Absolutely stunning! Love the rounded corners too!

Emma S 03-03-2013 06:00 AM

Thimblebug: Truly a great finish! Love the fact it is totally reversable for a change of mood.