Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Retreat quilt along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-retreat-quilt-along-t214011.html)

Dedemac 03-03-2013 09:58 AM

Thimblebug, That is so awesome! Now I am inspired to try one for our table. Much easier to use the topper than to try and place square mats on a round table. Thanks for the inspiration.

sew_Tracy 03-03-2013 05:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I broke it. Okay, the colors looked good in the store!!! This has to be the world's ugliest mat. Thought I would make one for my kitchen.

Front... shield your eyes
[ATTACH=CONFIG]399613[/ATTACH]
Detail
[ATTACH=CONFIG]399614[/ATTACH]
Back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]399615[/ATTACH]

Dedemac 03-03-2013 06:42 PM

Tracy, Did you see my plaid mess? Yours isn't bad, I love the border treatment you did. If you don't want it in the kitchen, ever thought about the laundry room? How do the dots grip on the back? I did not put them on.

Emma S 03-04-2013 07:20 AM

Tracy: Sorry I don't think its ugly at all. Specially like what you did with the binding, really carries the theme of the chile peppers.

sew_Tracy 03-05-2013 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by Dedemac (Post 5902359)
Tracy, Did you see my plaid mess? Yours isn't bad, I love the border treatment you did. If you don't want it in the kitchen, ever thought about the laundry room? How do the dots grip on the back? I did not put them on.

I liked it Dedemac! I did use the puff paint...pretty useless :(.

mom-6 03-05-2013 06:58 AM

Thanks so much for organizing this retreat!
Really having fun with my every block a different fabric version (do have one repeat). So far I'm up to twenty blocks and thinking of going for twenty four. Have decided to use sashing to make it just a bit bigger as I'm doing a lap quilt instead of the bath rug.

sew_Tracy 03-08-2013 11:19 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Okay, I did a "do-over" of my bath mat since my mom needs one and I was not happy with the last. I need lots of practice for FMQ and found this a good way. Lots of things I learned doing this one. First, don't make your designs so close the an edge, second, scallops? What was I thinking? Third, Make sure you have enough thread of the right color!

Laid out
[ATTACH=CONFIG]400543[/ATTACH]
Up close, the quilting. I was going for wreaths, but clearly haven't a clue what I am doing. Oh one more lesson. Don't do pebbles/blobs unless you have a lot of time on your hands!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]400545[/ATTACH]

Another view in case the last one too blurry
[ATTACH=CONFIG]400546[/ATTACH]

And the back, still need to clean up grey threads and oops, fix some spots on the binding!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]400547[/ATTACH]

This one was kind of fun :)

Dedemac 03-08-2013 01:59 PM

Tracy, You get bonus points!! That is over the top. What did you use for the plastic slider on the machine table?

sew_Tracy 03-08-2013 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Dedemac (Post 5914589)
Tracy, You get bonus points!! That is over the top. What did you use for the plastic slider on the machine table?

It's that tablecloth cover stuff from Walmart. I must say, it's not that helpful :). Hey thanks for the bonus point...need as many as I can get!

Emma S 03-08-2013 05:01 PM

Okay Tracy. I liked your first attempt but your second is just on beyond....! The scallops add a lot and the quilting is the cherry on the top.