Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wal-Mart Fabric Department News (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wal-mart-fabric-department-news-t87456.html)

Bostons 01-03-2011 05:52 PM

Okay, so I don't know if this is true or not so please don't shoot the messenger, BUT...I was purchasing fabric at Wal-Mart tonight and I mentioned to the woman how happy I was that we had such a great fabric dept. b/c I knew so many stores were discontinuing theirs. She said we absolutely weren't and had been getting tons of fabric in lately AND that other stores are going to be BRINGING BACK their fabric departments.

So take that for what it's worth. I know there are a lot of opinions on this topic but for those who love to shop at Wal-Mart, you can keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best!

Japonica 01-03-2011 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bostons
Okay, so I don't know if this is true or not so please don't shoot the messenger, BUT...I was purchasing fabric at Wal-Mart tonight and I mentioned to the woman how happy I was that we had such a great fabric dept. b/c I knew so many stores were discontinuing theirs. She said we absolutely weren't and had been getting tons of fabric in lately AND that other stores are going to be BRINGING BACK their fabric departments.

So take that for what it's worth. I know there are a lot of opinions on this topic but for those who love to shop at Wal-Mart, you can keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best!

For some odd reason I love your avatar!! :roll:

leatheflea 01-03-2011 06:02 PM

they brought back fabric here, but its precuts and projects kits. No bolts of fabric.

Sadiemae 01-03-2011 06:02 PM

I heard that it is where people have really complained that they are bringing fabric back. Don't know if this is true either...

Up North 01-03-2011 06:08 PM

I was ti=old because we have an Amish community near by they plan yo keep it.

Bostons 01-03-2011 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Japonica
For some odd reason I love your avatar!! :roll:

I'm thinking yours is pretty darn cute too! :-D

oldswimmer 01-03-2011 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
I heard that it is where people have really complained that they are bringing fabric back. Don't know if this is true either...

I was told that is why they kept ours....because there were so many people that wrote in and told them they wanted them to keep it open.....and I have heard they would be opening some again.

craftybear 01-03-2011 06:12 PM

I hope that they will return the fabric bolts for all of us to enjoy again

Bostons 01-03-2011 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae

Ah, the old squeaky wheel!

Virginia 01-03-2011 06:16 PM

Love your Boston. I have one also. She was spayed today, so I get time to be here without her taking fabric out of my sewing room. Keep on quilting.