Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wal-Mart One Last Time - Their Way (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wal-mart-one-last-time-their-way-t101970.html)

Jo Belmont 02-22-2011 05:20 AM

I realize many letters have been sent to Wal-Mart, but the headlines today (shown below) reminded me once again about their having discontinued fabric sales. I thought it very timely therefore to jump through the hoops that they have in place and see if they would even acknowledge it. Better – that they would pay attention and finally do something about it.

Anyway, it wasn’t terribly difficult to do it their way, but it’s easier if you have a clickable link and know up front what you need to do. So that's what I've provided below. I’ve also provided a short note which you may feel free to copy and paste. Even though there’s space for lots more text, it’s been my experience that exec’s, etc., seldom go past the second or third paragraph.

Also, because they will have the information on your location and the store at which you shop will also get a copy of this, perhaps it will have some impact. It can’t be any worse than where it’s at right now.

So here you go. Read through, then copy (select, Control-C) from “WAL-MART GRAPPLES . . . ” through “. . . Respectfully, . . .” and come back and click the following link to get started:

http://walmartstores.com/contactus/feedback.aspx

On the first of 3 pages that come up, select >Discontinued Item/Brand. Then click >Next at the bottom left of the page

The next page asks for Brand. From the drop-down menu select >Other. Then in the “Specify Brand” box which pops up, insert “WalMart; various others” (without the quotes).

Under >Item Description put “Fabric by the Yard” (without the quotes).

Under >Lot number and >UPC, just type in “Unknown” (sans quotes).

You must insert an >expiration date. I arbitrarily chose 06-30-2011

Insert in the >Comment section (copy and paste Ctrl-C; Ctrl-V , or type your own):
- - - - - - - - - -

WAL-MART GRAPPLES WITH ITS WORST SALES SLUMP EVER. (Wall Street Journal 02-22-2011).

An interesting headline. I’m not surprised. Current exec’s forgot all about who really does the shopping by removing our reason to be there in the first place --- FABRIC and lots of it. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? Bring it back and watch your overall sales rebound. I know because I’m one of countless others who now spend our money elsewhere. Thank you for finally considering what we’ve tried for months to tell you. Perhaps you hear us now.

Respectfully, (your name)

- - - - - - - - -

Then complete your personal info - name, address, phone, email. Click >Next

The next page displays a store address based on your previously-entered zip code. If you shop at a store other than the one shown, click >Pick a different store.

A default screen will come up already completed with your zip code and address and search buttons. Click one of the search buttons and a list of other stores in your service area will be displayed. Click the one at which you shop (the manager of that store also gets a copy of your message as well as WalMart’s corporate headquarters).

Then click >Finish and a confirmation that your message was successfully sent will appear.

As I said, it couldn’t hurt and it’s getting to them in their own prescribed manner while they've got to be squirming some after the WSJ article. Thanks for whatever you may do. I’m really missing the Wal-Mart fabric department myself.

~ Jo

MTS 02-22-2011 05:27 AM

And this was also in today's WSJ:

"Wal-Mart's Earnings Jump 27% "

Wal-Mart Stores Inc.'s fiscal-fourth-quarter earnings rose 27% as the retailer capitalized on strength in its international business.

------------------------
Interesting. The article about the slump was relating to same store sales.

cinnya 02-22-2011 05:31 AM

Thank you for this information JO.
We have 2 Walmarts within 40 miles who still carry fabric, but our 2 supercenter in town don't have any :thumbdown:
I will contact them again ,using your link.

Jo Belmont 02-22-2011 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by MTS
I just read this story in today's WSJ:

"Wal-Mart's Earnings Jump 27% "

Wal-Mart Stores Inc.'s fiscal-fourth-quarter earnings rose 27% as the retailer capitalized on strength in its international business.

Yep. I saw that too and wondered, "What gives?" because it's not like WSJ to screw things up that badly. However, notice that it's 4th-quarter which has in it all the holiday sales. And it's the international end that helped put them over the mark for that period.

They also had some executive changes just prior to that and I think they may have inflated wherever they could to make it look as good as possible in view of that.

Anyway, I'm hanging my hat on the WSJ article and hoping to get WM's attention finally.

Good eye! Thanks.

~Jo

jajudd24 02-22-2011 05:54 AM

I am saying something all the time in our Walmart...they know me by name.....heard last time they were leaving fabric here.

Jo Belmont 02-22-2011 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by jajudd24
I am saying something all the time in our Walmart...they know me by name.....heard last time they were leaving fabric here.

That's great. Hopefully, that will spread from store to store, but some of the managers I spoke with indicated it was out of their hands. Perhaps they were passing the buck, but I might bring it up with them next time I speak with our manager.

Thanks for letting us know.

alderdweller 02-22-2011 08:07 AM

Thank you. Just shot off a copy to my local WM.

ewecansew 02-22-2011 12:01 PM

Maybe Harbor Freight should be petitioned to carry fabric!!This topic is so beaten to death. Move on, people. Don't shop at Walmart anymore, there are lots of other stores out there to shop at and would probably welcome the business.

lindy-2 02-22-2011 12:19 PM

i talked to the manager but she said no go

quilterella 02-23-2011 03:46 AM

That's great, except one minor detail... you finish giving your comments and then fill out the personal information...and guess what...it is only geared to the USA. I wonder why, they can't have an international site, or maybe they did, and I didn't see it. Anyway, I filled out the comment, stated that yes, I live in Canada and then had to enter a USA State and Zip. Go figure!