Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Walking foot control (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/walking-foot-control-t40875.html)

Icandothat 03-27-2010 10:01 AM

What do you use to keep your foot control in place? I am always fishing mine out of the corner of my cabinet.

sewcrafty 03-27-2010 10:10 AM

You know that rubberized shelfing stuff at WM! It won't go anywhere!!! :D

Icandothat 03-27-2010 10:12 AM

Thanks for the hint....I should have searched the forum before I posted the question. There are lots of good ideas already out there.
I just read several.

Mamagus 03-27-2010 10:13 AM

Good question! But I think the topic and the posting is misleading! I thought you were talking about your "Walking foot" until I read the post. But you really meant your foot pedal migrates across the floor!

I have tried shelf liner, no success.

I have tried double sided tape... it quickly loses it grip.

I am wondering about building a fence for it and screwing the fence to the floor?

Anyone have any better ideas? I'll buy it if you guys say it works!

Kathy N 03-27-2010 10:57 AM

I have a Janome retractable foot. I turn it upside down and it doesn't wander anymore because it sits flat. Then I sew barefoot so I have better control because the "gas pedal" on the backside is only about an inch wide. Yeah I know I'm crazy but it works!!!

Icandothat 03-27-2010 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Mamagus
Good question! But I think the topic and the posting is misleading! I thought you were talking about your "Walking foot" until I read the post. But you really meant your foot pedal migrates across the floor!

I have tried shelf liner, no success.

I have tried double sided tape... it quickly loses it grip.

I am wondering about building a fence for it and screwing the fence to the floor?

Anyone have any better ideas? I'll buy it if you guys say it works!

You are so right...my posting is confusing. I often say or write something that makes perfect sense to me to find out it means something else to others. Is there anyway I can delete the post?

grammyj 03-27-2010 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Kathy N
I have a Janome retractable foot. I turn it upside down and it doesn't wander anymore because it sits flat. Then I sew barefoot so I have better control because the "gas pedal" on the backside is only about an inch wide. Yeah I know I'm crazy but it works!!!

Wow, Kathy I never thought of that, I have the same Janome foot petal . I went straight to my machine and tried it and it works.Thank you for posting that. I learn so much from every one on this board. Can't wait to read it each time.
Janice

renee765 03-27-2010 03:32 PM

I keep my foot control in place with a highly technical method. I put a cardboard box under my sewing table, and the foot control is put against the box. It never moves out of place.

pocoellie 03-27-2010 05:42 PM

If you have carpet you can stick the stiff half of a piece of Vecro also.

Icandothat 03-27-2010 07:16 PM

Thanks for all your suggestions.