Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   walking foot (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/walking-foot-t119128.html)

ragqueen03 04-27-2011 05:08 AM

Well it was just as I figured. My walking foot for my older machine is not compatible with my new one. Darn - this means I have to go buy one because my older machine is very tempermental (spelling?) plus I need to get the potholders done for the quilt guild. I think I am going to go where I bought the machine. The lady there was so nice about making sure my darning foot worked on my machine. A walking foot is pretty much a necessity , right? I am trying to justify spending the money for one :D

Lori S 04-27-2011 05:10 AM

I would not quilt without my walking foot. I remember before these were available... sooo many puckers. That liitle gismo is worth the money.

PaperPrincess 04-27-2011 05:15 AM

I agree with Lori S. I would also spend the money and get the brand name one for your machine. I tried to save money with a generic one. It did work, but was so cheaply made it broke and I had to buy another one, this time a 'real' one.

CompulsiveQuilter 04-27-2011 05:29 AM

My old one worked with my new machine, but I did have to buy a longer screw. Cost 3 bucks!

Jammin' Jane 04-27-2011 06:24 AM

A walking foot...can't live without it!

QuiltE 04-27-2011 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by ragqueen03
Well it was just as I figured. My walking foot for my older machine is not compatible with my new one. Darn - this means I have to go buy one because my older machine is very tempermental (spelling?) plus I need to get the potholders done for the quilt guild. I think I am going to go where I bought the machine. The lady there was so nice about making sure my darning foot worked on my machine. A walking foot is pretty much a necessity , right? I am trying to justify spending the money for one :D

If she was so helpful re the darning foot, was she not as concerned about your walking foot?

There's no justification required ... you clearly need one to do your work!

ragqueen03 04-27-2011 07:26 AM

If she was so helpful re the darning foot, was she not as concerned about your walking foot?

re: i never went there yet to look for a walking foot for the new machine. being a newbie i thoughtt the old one would work with the new one too!!!

QuiltE 04-27-2011 07:31 AM

re: i never went there yet to look for a walking foot for the new machine. being a newbie i thoughtt the old one would work with the new one too!!!

I see ... I thought your darning foot discussion was at the time you bought your machine. So I thought the natural segue would have been the walking foot.

ragqueen03 04-27-2011 07:36 AM

well it looks like i will take my machine in on friday to make sure it fits since there are no returns on them. i am toying with the idea of using a longer screw just for the simple reason that it tends to slide out the back. if it works fine if not i am not out that much. still debating. though i know dear hubby would love to go the hardware store with me

QuiltE 04-27-2011 08:18 AM

well it looks like i will take my machine in on friday to make sure it fits since there are no returns on them. i am toying with the idea of using a longer screw just for the simple reason that it tends to slide out the back. if it works fine if not i am not out that much. still debating. though i know dear hubby would love to go the hardware store with me

If all you need is a longer screw, the sewing machine store should be able to provide one that will work nicely for this.