Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Walmart Clearancing 2 yd PreCuts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/walmart-clearancing-2-yd-precuts-t134147.html)

bearisgray 06-29-2011 07:45 PM

I stopped at the Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, WalMart and saw that many of the two-yard precuts were being clearanced at two yards for $5.00 - marked down from $7.99.

Most of them looked like they were manufactured by Springs Industries - I thought many of them were attractive and seemed to be decent quality. There were some great black, white, and red prints. Also some "animal skin" prints that I liked. Overall, I thought the prints were attractive and the fabric quality very usable.

cjomomma 06-29-2011 07:48 PM

Our WM has marked down the precuts too and not just the 2yd. cuts but the charms packs and the FQ bundles too. Which doesn't do me any good when I'm broke. :-)

Diana Lynne 06-30-2011 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
I stopped at the Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, WalMart and saw that many of the two-yard precuts were being clearanced at two yards for $5.00 - marked down from $7.99.

Most of them looked like they were manufactured by Springs Industries - I thought many of them were attractive and seemed to be decent quality. There were some great black, white, and red prints. Also some "animal skin" prints that I liked. Overall, I thought the prints were attractive and the fabric quality very usable.

Our walmart had ours marked down as well..I had picked up a pack as well :)

Ann L 06-30-2011 02:35 AM

Guess I need to make a stop on the way home tonight.

emsgranny 06-30-2011 03:29 AM

we have 2 Super stores here and neither one carries ANY fabric - cant even get pre-cuts. I have written to both stores on numerous ocassions about fabrics but havent gotten any response. I think I will start sending them an email a week and see if I ever get a response lol

Sounds like a great deal!!!

lallyann 06-30-2011 03:43 AM

Our Walmart doesn't have fabric either..no bolts or precuts :( I am still hoping we get the bolt fabrics back. Word is we will, but I'll believe it when I see it!

Originally Posted by emsgranny
we have 2 Super stores here and neither one carries ANY fabric - cant even get pre-cuts. I have written to both stores on numerous ocassions about fabrics but havent gotten any response. I think I will start sending them an email a week and see if I ever get a response lol

Sounds like a great deal!!!

tupoms 06-30-2011 03:50 AM

I picked up several fat qtrs. for .75 each and a 7 FQ pack for $5 at my local W-M.

Riversong 06-30-2011 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray

They are selling out the pre cuts here too,,,moving back in full dept with a cutter!!!! I got 2 yard cotton cuts yesterday for $1.90 and fat quarters for 30 cents,,,I got a lot of fats,,,they are not the greatest quality but for wall quilts and things that you dont wash a lot they are great!

lisalovesquilting 06-30-2011 04:06 AM

Our Walmart has a large banner on the building: Fabric coming soon! As they say "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."

blueangel 07-01-2011 05:00 AM

Maybe they are bringing the fabric back.