Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Walmart find! So excited! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/walmart-find-so-excited-t54642.html)

stpatmom 07-15-2010 11:36 AM

At that price, I would have found plenty of uses for that material! When another wal-mart near me got rid of their fabric department, I had all of these ideas of things to make with what was on sale for 50% off. I did grocery bags, kitchen accessories, I have a quilt planned for hubby, and pillow cases for the kids!

brookemarie19 07-15-2010 11:38 AM

Man, I keep hearing about these bolts and the baskets that are 50% off at Walmart and I think I'm getting a little envious. I am very happy that atleast my Walmart has fabric, but sure wish they did this stuff. I'm lucky if I find anyfabric on sale there at all anymore and their remnants is only 20% off plus a total tied up mess so hard to even see what it is. Good luck to anyone else who looks at their Walmart for these deals...hope you guys get good ones!

sharon b 07-15-2010 12:10 PM

Wish I had the time to run over and check my Walmart out :cry:

Glad you were able to get such good deals :thumbup:

jackkip 07-15-2010 12:39 PM

I heard all of the wal-marts are doing away with fabric. It really is kind of ironic how the wally worlds without fabric are still selling sewing machines. :roll:

p38flygirl 07-15-2010 12:46 PM

My WALMART is closing out fabric next year...and we won't have anywhere local to buy it ...I don't understand why they are doing that...The fab dept is always busy...
p38flygirl

jackkip 07-15-2010 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by p38flygirl
My WALMART is closing out fabric next year...and we won't have anywhere local to buy it ...I don't understand why they are doing that...The fab dept is always busy...
p38flygirl

My guess would be money. It might seem busy, but WM only does things from a business stand point. Can they make more money selling big screen TV's or yards of fabric?

pab58 07-15-2010 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by jackkip

Originally Posted by p38flygirl
p38flygirl

My guess would be money. It might seem busy, but WM only does things from a business stand point. Can they make more money selling big screen TV's or yards of fabric?

That's my guess, too! They get a bigger profit per square foot of floor space from more expensive items than they do from "lowly fabric." You gotta satisfy the masses I guess. :roll:

I think I'm going to run out to my Walmart to see if they have any deals going on in the fabric department! 8-)

Janetlmt 07-15-2010 02:23 PM

wow..I have to check Walmart

nursie76 07-15-2010 02:26 PM

Went to another WM on my way home. Had more bolts of pretty much the same material, but did find a bolt of the wider material in purple, and a second bolt of the jungle print. Now I can use that print for kalidoscope quilt and regular too. Also found a great patriotic print, nice quality, for $1 a yard (got 4). DH found some FQ's of decent quality that appealed to him for $1 each. All100% cotton. So I am a happy camper...ahhh, quiter. ;-)

katsewnsew 07-15-2010 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by nursie76
Went to another WM on my way home. Had more bolts of pretty much the same material, but did find a bolt of the wider material in purple, and a second bolt of the jungle print. Now I can use that print for kalidoscope quilt and regular too. Also found a great patriotic print, nice quality, for $1 a yard (got 4). DH found some FQ's of decent quality that appealed to him for $1 each. All100% cotton. So I am a happy camper...ahhh, quiter. ;-)

You are supposed to be home taking pix for us!!! Hurry! Hurry!