Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Walmart Today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/walmart-today-t572.html)

vicki reno 03-06-2007 07:13 AM

Hey ladies, just checked; the show in Wilmington is June 22-24 (Fri thru Sun). Is that too far off? I could drive to Wilmington that Sat and we could meet at the show and have a great day :D
In the meantime, I'll be saving up so I can shop till I drop. I work in construction and we start longer days next week which means overtime for me. I've always wanted to go to that one, but usually find out about it after the fact.
I am xcited about putting faces with names and think it would be great fun. Hope the date is not too far away. If so, we could do it sooner. :-)

Debbie Murry 03-06-2007 07:21 AM

I always find out after the fact too. How did you know there was one here? That sounds fine with me. It'll give me time to finish my quilt and save enough money to start a new one.

Debbie Murry 03-06-2007 07:25 AM

Wish mimi would log on. You know our discussion here has nothing to do with RE: Walmart Today. We need a new topic

Norah 03-06-2007 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Debbie Murry
Is Jacksonville bigger than Wilmington, I've never been there. Would love to meet you guys for lunch and/or shopping spree. I've retired early and my days are pretty open. I have 2 boys. Men really, 30 and 34 still single I'll never be a grandma, sniff sniff. Just let me know when and where.

My boys are 35 and 38. My youngest is getting married on the 17 of March, so I have hope to be a Grandma yet. Don't you give up hope either.

vicki reno 03-06-2007 07:35 AM

I just typed in the search bar "quilt show Wilmington NC and clicked on the one about "Quilters by the Sea" which is the name of the guild. :-)

Debbie Murry 03-06-2007 07:37 AM

Thanks Vicki

vicki reno 03-06-2007 07:44 AM

You're welcomed ! :!:

ButtercreamCakeArtist 03-06-2007 10:12 AM

Yes, JUNE, I can make my own designs. I have small heart pans I would bake 3 or 4 cakes with (depending on how the fit), then put those together at the point and go from there. I'm very creative. MimiSharon is making an ICE form from the pan, though. That might be a bit trickier! :lol: Thanks for the advice. i would like to see the pictures sometime of yours.

About the Wilmington show, June 22-24....rewind me three years ago to those days, and I was in Wilmington at that time. We stayed on Paradise Island from June 17-24. We were all over the place in that area that week! LOL! We went to several beaches (mostly Carolina Beach), went to a zoo that we enjoyed, visited the aquarium, and we toured the battle ship. When we were in downtown historical Wilmington, I'd hoped to see something or place I recognized from the filming of the show Dawson's Creek. I didn't know where to look, and I didn't find any information about it. Oh, well.

And, yeah, I think you're right...we're no longer on the topic of our discussion! LOL! funny how we got to Wilmington from Wal-Mart!

Debbie Murry 03-06-2007 10:28 AM

We have a Screen Gems studio near the airport. They do most of filming there. They do film around town from time to time. It's a headache tho because they block off streets and you have to find another way of getting home. I've been here 17 years now and the only thing I've seen is the zoo and that was pretty skimpy. The ocean makes me nausus and I burn easy. But I do love the weather here. I've only seen it snow here once in the last 17 years and that's the way I like it. The huricanes can get bad sometimes.

patricej 03-06-2007 10:43 AM

WalMart

nope. didn't have anything to add. just "officially" swerving back to topic.

now you can swerve right back toward Wilmington for a while and not feel bad about it.

it's nice to see a thread about something unpleasant "interrupted" by discussion of fun things. a breeze of fresh air.

:mrgreen: