Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   WalMart Woes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/walmart-woes-t544.html)

k_jupiter 03-10-2007 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Norah
Patrice,
You can't use your stash! Man, that would make me insecure. I gotta tell you. I just went to the annual swap meet of the local quilting guild, joined up, signed up for the next class, and the best part, I came home with about $200 worth of stuff for $22. I am stoked!! :shock:

Y'all are certifiably crazy. What do you mean you can't use your stash? That's what it's there for, right?

Says the man with several hundred board feet of exotic hardwoods in his storage room.

tim in san jose

patricej 03-10-2007 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by k_jupiter

Originally Posted by Norah
Patrice,
You can't use your stash! Man, that would make me insecure. I gotta tell you. I just went to the annual swap meet of the local quilting guild, joined up, signed up for the next class, and the best part, I came home with about $200 worth of stuff for $22. I am stoked!! :shock:

Y'all are certifiably crazy. What do you mean you can't use your stash? That's what it's there for, right?

Says the man with several hundred board feet of exotic hardwoods in his storage room.

tim in san jose

quit clouding the issue with logic.
:shock:

Yvonne 03-10-2007 02:18 PM

Gotta use the stash up this winter so come summer I can buy more! Clearing the decks! I need the space!!!!
Shopping! Shopping! Shopping! :mrgreen:

Norah, you have every right to be stoked! What a deal!!!!!!!!!

Kellie 03-11-2007 05:02 PM

:? The closest Wal mart is less than 4 miles away, But with the sales tax here in Tn which we pay 10% we don't get any savings, So save a lot and Cookes and Bi-lo get our business but it is just as bad, Hobby lobby has great deals if you get on there website and if you have one close. Hancock Fabric well I usually hit them right after x-mas cause all there x-mas fabric is a dollar.
There are two wal-marts in this town I don't venture to the other one but my husband does and the prices are diff maybe a few cents cheaper.
I don't know what my point is, but they confuse me terribly and I don't need any help being confused.....lol
Until they get rid of the fabric part I will probably keep getting my fabric there unless I find a better deal. They already messed up my scrapbooking stuff why not this too.
Kellie

ButtercreamCakeArtist 03-11-2007 07:40 PM

We had a walmart in summerville (40 miles--one way).....and it was just the most awesome thing to ever come along. and now, it's gone and the SUPER walmart is there....
the one in the opp. directions is farther and not even a super and they are the one not going to close the fab dept! And I'm thinking yay! because they're not so far away..........
can you imagine being so far away from anything? And why? we're SUPPOSED to get a super wm at flatwoods......like 20-25 mins away (you know, like in our backyard), but I've also heard it ISN'T happening! WT-?

azteddy 03-13-2007 12:54 AM

Walmart closed the fabric dept in green valley arizona. I hope they dont close the one in tucson.

Knot Sew 03-13-2007 08:24 AM

Our local Walmart, that rumor has said was closing, just got in all kinds of fabric, People are coming in and buying as much as possible. Fabric dept is busier than ever, maybe thats what they were going for. Ours turned into a super store a year ago. Prices went up on everything. They blamed it on gas. We have several grocery stores that are cheaper than walmart. I go where I can save, fabric is cheaper but there are places in Albany., about 50 miles south that have cheap fabric.
There were a lot more variety stores here before walmart, but if one dares to come they lower prices to drive them out. We do have a target that is doing well but no fabric, oh well :roll: :roll:
And they dare call this progress :thumbdown:

vc381 03-13-2007 10:19 PM

I just signed the petition andi am going to send thew sight to eveybody i know.

azteddy 03-15-2007 11:09 AM

Now I am really worried, my walmart fabric dept is NOT getting new fabrics. Evidently walmart doesn't advertise that the fabric is closing, they just do it and you know about it unless you go to the store. :shock:

FroggyinTexas 03-15-2007 04:54 PM

Thanks! I've signed the petition. Earlier in the year, I e-mailed Wal Mart and also made a phone call. I'm glad to know there is a petition effort. The folks at my Wal Mart told me several weeks ago that the fabric dept. would be gone by April 1, but now they're telling me everything is up in the air and they are getting new fabric every day. They say they don't know what's going on. It will be interesting to see what comes down!
Froggy, in Texas